Bluetooth microphone weak

Old 11-15-2006, 05:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth microphone weak

I have a 2007 TCH with bluetooth matching and working with a Treo 700w from Verizon. Basic function is fine except that calls say my voice is very distant. First of all, where is the microphone? Second, is there a volume control? Is anyone else having this problem? Advice?

G

Old 11-15-2006, 05:56 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons
Default Re: Bluetooth microphone weak

I believe the microphone is at the Rear View Mirror.

I've not had any problems with mine - Treo-700P (Palm vs. Windows)

My wife (who - like all wives - is a good critic) tells me that I do sound like I am talking from within an empty room but that she can hear me clearly.

I don't know if there is a way to adjust the gain on the microphone or not.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

The problem with speakerphone-type systems is that there is a tradeoff to avoid feedback when it comes to noise in the background. If you are in the TCH and you hear a noisy background on the distant end, the system will likely cancel out or lower your volume in order to avoid feedback.

Feedback would occur if, for instance, your wife is speaking to you and her voice is picked up by the TCH microphone and transmitted back to her. So if there is any bit of noise that you can hear coming from the distant end, you may have sound quality issues.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

The mic is located in the panel with the reading lights/homelink. I find I kind of have to talk in the direction of that panel to get clarity.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:34 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That's correct — the microphone is in the Homelink panel. You can see the small slots behind which it lurks. I believe that there is a dealer adjustment that can be made to the microphone's sensitivity. You might want to try that possibility.

Stan

Old 11-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Most people I call complain of me being low, and I typically have a loud voice. I also fine the Voice Recognition is far worse than my old TL, the Camry mixes up words all the time. Acrua had the bluetooth thing better implememented.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:16 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If you have the Nav package, there are adjustments available for both "send" volume and "receive" volume on one of the settings screens. [I don't know about the non-Nav package.]

Stan

Old 11-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Toyota & Mazda Enthusiast

The BT voice recognition software does a lousy job picking up numerals via "Dial by Number" command. But, the mic could explain this issue... I wish there were more things we could adjust ourselves instead of going to the stealership for petty adjustments here and there. BTW, I don't have Nav.

Old 12-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Enthusiast

I have the same problem in my Toyota RAV4 with DVD navigation. The microphone is also near the homelink buttons and it doesn't work as it should. I hear everybody very clearly but nobody hears me well. If I want someone to hear me I have to shout, it's really annoying and this bluetooth handsfree is useless!!! Have You found any solution to this problem? I was told in Toyota ASO that there is no regulation for microphone, but I am not sure if they know what they are saying.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

My RX 330 had a similar setup to my Camry, and everyone on the other end has been impressed with the quality of the call using the handsfree in the Camry.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth microphone weak

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands