Imitation wood dash kits

Old 01-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Imitation wood dash kits

Has anybody installed an imitation wood dash/door kit similar to the one shown on the following web site?
http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...at=4526&page=1

Would like to get some opinions as to the ease of installation and your satisfaction with the end result. Also wondering what what wood colour would look best with a beige interior.

Incidentally for Canadians I was told the price shown in US dollars includes all Canadian taxes. The kits are shipped from a plant in Mississauga, Ontario. The shipping charge is US$18

Old 01-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Imitation wood dash kits

Paul, I have been very interested in this kind of modification, but am too chicken to do it without seeing one in person first. If you decide to do it, let us know!

As for the color, with the beige interior, I have always been partial to the more brown woods, like Walnut, Mahogany or dark Oak.

Just my $0.02...

Good Luck!

Old 01-06-2007, 06:40 AM
it's just a car...

The dealer installed a similar kit in my daughter's car before she purchased it.
Every piece peeled off after the first summer.
Why bother?

Old 01-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vioarc
The dealer installed a similar kit in my daughter's car before she purchased it.
Why bother?
Dealer installed a similar kit on a 1996 Honda accord, before my son bought it, 10 years later it is perfect and still looks like the day he got it. Go figure..............

Old 01-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Enthusiast

I have to say that I'm not in love with all the plastics around the NAVI. It looks cheap and gimmicky, like any number of those cheap, knock-off i-"something" electronics flooding the flea market. You know the ones. Ever since iPod, every two-bit manufacturer seems to think it can wrap a crappy product in clear plastic and put a "i" prefix on it to somehow leech the iPod's good name. Not that I think that was Toyota's intent, but the end result certain does evoke it.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vioarc
Why bother?
Sounds like it could have been the stick on type rather than the moulded? Would be nice to know who the manufacturer was but assume this information is not available at as it was dealer installed.

I have emailed the website listed below with your comment and am waiting for a response. Will let you know what they say.

Last edited by Paulgw; 01-06-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

[quote=vioarc;105444]The dealer installed a similar kit in my daughter's car before she purchased it.
Why bother?[/quote]

As previously reported by passed on your comment to the manufacturer of these kits and got the following response: --

I don't know where the consumer that you have spoken to purchased their item but we have heard of the items peeling and delaminating but not with our kits. Our kits are made out of Polyurethane which is a UV resistant material so you can count on the item being there for the life of your vehicle, Please click on the following link to view more details.

http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/pages.php?pageid=13

Based on their reply plan to buy one of their kits. Thanks for everybody's input.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thats one of the many things I love about my TCH - No Wood. But to each his own, as long as it doesn't look cheap.