How do I turnoff the annoying BEEP the horn does when arming the alarm??

Old 03-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Bud
Enthusiast
Default How do I turnoff the annoying BEEP the horn does when arming the alarm??

I have the factory alarm w/ honda remote. When I arm or dissarm my alarm the horn makes a loud annoying HONK!!!. Is there a way do disable that?? This is on my 03 Civic Hybrid.

Thanks.

Last edited by Bud; 03-28-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How do I turnoff the annoying BEEP the horn does when arming the alarm??

Well on the HCHII it only beeps on the 2nd time you lock it.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Bud
Enthusiast
Default Re: How do I turnoff the annoying BEEP the horn does when arming the alarm??

on my car you press the button on the remote once to lock or unlock and it HONKS 1 time very loud.

Last edited by Bud; 03-28-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 AM

Sorry.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 PM

I'm not familiar with the HCHI, but most of the alarm systems I've seen self arm if the doors are locked. Doesn't matter if you lock them from the remote... from the key... or from the door lock switch inside the vehicle.

Perhaps if you lock your car by the switch (with the door open and you're ready to step out)... then close the door. If the car is then locked, the alarm should arm automatically... and NO BEEP. Same with using a key to lock the door. Give it a try! Good luck.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bud
I have the factory alarm w/ honda remote. When I arm or dissarm my alarm the horn makes a loud annoying HONK!!!. Is there a way do disable that?? This is on my 03 Civic Hybrid.

Thanks.
Easy solution: Stop arming your alarm. If it ever goes off it will just annoy people anyway, false alarms are so common that nobody even pays attention any more. :-) I don't mean to be snide, but sometimes problem solving requires re-evaluating the original problem.

These days with engineers taking more and more control away from you and putting it in the car's computer, sometimes the best modification to solve a problem is a mod to the user, i.e. "get over it because there's nothing you can do about it." This is the solution I end up with all too often nowadays.

Last edited by zimbop; 03-28-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:52 PM

I have an HCH I, and when I hit the 'lock' button on my key fob, the doors lock. If I hit it a second time, the horn honks. That's the way it's supposed to work. I believe if I lock the doors with the button on the fob, it sets the security system. You're not hitting the skinny red recessed button, are you? Because I believe I recall that being a panic button, so of course it would cause the car to make noise. I'm not sure what else it does, or if it could be mistaken for the security system, and I'm not one hundred percent certain that the 2003 security system is the same as my 2005. Hmmm.... I should really know this, though, huh? Sounds like I'll be going through my user manual this evening.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Bud
Enthusiast

There must be a problem with my alarm system. Yes, I press the lock button once and it locks the doors and honks the horn once. Same thing happens when I press unlock.......HONK!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Energy Independence

Bud, that sounds just wrong. Especially about the honk when unlocking the doors. That is ridiculuous.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Bud
Enthusiast

Everyone looks when I arm/disarm the car. I am so embaresed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I turnoff the annoying BEEP the horn does when arming the alarm??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands