RS3200 Security with Glass Breakage sensor

Old 04-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default RS3200 Security with Glass Breakage sensor

I have a 2009 Camry HB with navigation.

I just had the RS3200 security system w/ glass break sensor installed by the dealership.

Does anyone know the location of the microphone/glass break sensor for the Camry with navigation? Are they using the same microphone used for the voice navigation/bluetooth?

I tried the "glass tap" sensor test suggested in the user's guide, but I could not set off the alarm.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: RS3200 Security with Glass Breakage sensor

Originally Posted by backupguy
I have a 2009 Camry HB with navigation.

I just had the RS3200 security system w/ glass break sensor installed by the dealership.

Does anyone know the location of the microphone/glass break sensor for the Camry with navigation? Are they using the same microphone used for the voice navigation/bluetooth?

I tried the "glass tap" sensor test suggested in the user's guide, but I could not set off the alarm.
I have the same system and I have not been able to set off the alarm....I wonder if it even works....

Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I can set off the alarm by opening the door, but I haven't been able to do the glass break test successfully.

It would be great to know how to locate the sensor/microphone so I can confirm if it was correctly installed.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:25 AM

I had the same issue, so I took mine in to have it verified. The service tech demonstrated it in front of me. It turns out I had been way too gentle with the amount of force I was using. You have to strike the window pretty hard. I was afraid of breaking the glass, but apparently that'll need a fairly hefty wallop. You also need to use a regular size key - the one in the fob isn't heavy enough to make much noise.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:22 AM

I can set off the alarm by opening the door, but I haven't been able to do the glass break test successfully.

It would be great to know how to locate the sensor/microphone so I can confirm if it was correctly installed.
How do you set it off by opening the door? When you lock the car with someone inside and they open it from the inside?

Old 04-09-2008, 09:27 AM

Roll down the window before you lock it, and then reach in and open from the inside.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just locked it with the remote control while sitting in the car, and then opened the door from the inside.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:53 PM

The funny thing is TCH already has all the elements of the alarm build in except for glass sensor and all it has to be done is activate the alarm in software, the RS3200 is not needed.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Pragmatist

The glass break sensor (microphone) is under the left side of the glove box. There is a beauty panel below the glove box. The sensor is taped to the top of that beauty panel. I saw mine when I had the panel off, while I was installing the satellite radio. In the Toyota documents, that beauty panel is called the "Glove Box Under Cover".

Pete4 -- You are almost right that everything except the glass break sensor is built in. There are also two control units, and a surprising amount of wire. It seems like a lot of hardware for such a little amount of additional function.

The reason I bought it is, of course, the insurance. The "optional alarm system", if installed, gets an additional insurance premium reduction. In hind sight, the reduction in the insurance premium will pay for my alarm after about 30 years, so it's not really worth it. I didn't know that when I ordered the alarm.

At one point I did a glass-break test by taking an extra piece of car-window glass, sitting in the car with that glass and a hammer (and a baking pan to catch the pieces, and a piece of cloth to prevent the pieces from flying all over the place), waiting for the alarm to arm, and then striking that glass with the hammer. It did detect the sound and set off the alarm. I would NOT try a test to set off the alarm using the expensive glass that is installed as part of the car, mainly because it could get expensive.

Last edited by SteveHansen; 04-09-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:27 PM

I just locked it with the remote control while sitting in the car, and then opened the door from the inside.
That's what I thought...the roll down window thing would work too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS3200 Security with Glass Breakage sensor

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands