Clean Interior car door rail with what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 01:39 PM
700 Mi Camry Club Member
Smile Clean Interior car door rail with what?

I guess this has been bugging me for sometime now. As I get out of the car, my foot slides across the door bottom rail marking up the rail with black marks from my shoes. I'm a tall fellow so I can't really exit easy without sliding my foot across the interior door bottom rail.

Does anybody know what is good to clean the door interior rail where your feet exits the door?

I got a rattle or two with the cool season approaching, but still getting great mileage. Hurricane IKE and Gustav hasn't helped matters in keeping up with the forum.

Also...what do ya'll do when you want to listen to something when you pull up to park somewhere. Do you shut off the start button to kill the car...then with your foot off the brake...turn on the start button to keep listening to the radio? Then when finished listening to the radio, you turn on the start button once then push the start button again to leave the car so the car doesn't beep on your way out. This is a pain. I'm sure there is another way isn't there?

The tires are beginning to show some wear at 31,000 miles and ride is a little rougher now. I'll be looking for some good low rolling resistance tires soon.

Last edited by bugs; 10-30-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Clean Interior car door rail with what?

If you promise not to tell..... Try wetting the corner of a mr clean magic eraser and lightly rub the marks. Don't rub too hard as this is a mild abrasive and will show if you get too heavy handed.

To prevent, add the aluminum guards from Toyota that attach with double sided tape.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I just wipe the door sill with a damp cloth and a few drops of dish soap. That usually takes any marks off with just a little rubbing. If that fails, put a small dab of car wax on a clean cloth and rub the mark. The car wax often will take off marks that dish soap won't.

As to the radio, put the TCH in neutral and hit the power button. That leaves the radio going and kills the ICE/HSD system. Also useful if your on the phone with bluetooth and don't want to get disconnected. Put it in Park and hit the power button twice to shut down the car.

I just replaced my OEM Bridgestones with Falken ZE329 tires. They are low rolling resistance, and ride better, and are quieter than the OEM tires. So far my mpg hasn't changed. I've put ~600 miles on this tank and am showing 44.5mpg since getting the tires. It's been hot (in the 90s) and I've been running the AC some in the afternoon. The last tank on the old tires was 45mpg.

There is a good thread on replacement tires for the TCH called Quietest LRR tire for TCH

Last edited by nash; 10-30-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Enthusiast

Simple Green! Takes off black marks, tar, bugs, GREAT!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:20 PM
700 Mi Camry Club Member

Hey thanks for all your suggestions. I will try them out tomorrow. The radio idea is great.