Bluetooth sync...Samsung Omnia phone

Old 02-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth sync...Samsung Omnia phone

I just upgraded to a Samsung Omnia phone and can't get it to sync with my '09 TCH. Can anyone help me with instructions on how to do this?

Old 02-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth sync...Samsung Omnia phone

I'm not sure how it works with your phone, but I had problems syncing a Palm Treo.
In any event, this is how I got it to sync.
When you attempt to pair the 700P... the pairing completes on the handheld, but the vehicle continues to announce "searching, searching". To complete pairing, ignore the car and go to your handheld phone, press the phone application and make a call. The car will stop "searching" and connect the call. Your handheld is now paired.
Worth a try, no?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Hybrid Lover

This may or may not help. Does your phone have a Bluetooth link option under two different menus? My last phone would not connect. I worked with it and found the second Bluetooth option under another menu and when I selected it, it connected immediately. I don't know why it didn't work with the first Bluetooth option, but since I selected Bluetooth under the second menu I've had no problems since. Hopefully that makes sense. Good luck!

Old 03-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ladylou412
I just upgraded to a Samsung Omnia phone and can't get it to sync with my '09 TCH. Can anyone help me with instructions on how to do this?
See if you can search online if your Omnia uses the standard Microsoft Bluetooth stack or the (lousy) Samsung proprietary bluetooth stack. I have a Samsung BlackJackII that uses the Samsung stack, and it is known to have problems with several headsets. I could never get it to work correctly with my TCH headunit (or the stereo in my other car) and had to revert to my previous cell phone. Sorry!