Ford Fusion Ordering Guide....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Post Ford Fusion Ordering Guide....

Can one of you fine folks post a 2010 Ford Fusion ordering guide. I tried downloading it from blueoval......but keep getting an error.

Trying to decide whether to replace my wife's car with a FFH (which we'd have to order) or find a 2009 FEH. You can find some deals out there on a FEH...I've talked to caouple dealers and can them down to near invoice--I know I'll be near MSRP for the FFH.

IMHO the FFH seems just a bit overpriced.....~$28k w/destination-delivery is about 2k over what I'd like. If it was 26k there would be no doubt in my mind. But I can get a FFh for ~28k or a FEH for ~30k.

Choices, choices.

Nate

Old 01-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Default Re: Ford Fusion Ordering Guide....

Originally Posted by Hybrid_SUV
Can one of you fine folks post a 2010 Ford Fusion ordering guide. I tried downloading it from blueoval......but keep getting an error.

Trying to decide whether to replace my wife's car with a FFH (which we'd have to order) or find a 2009 FEH. You can find some deals out there on a FEH...I've talked to caouple dealers and can them down to near invoice--I know I'll be near MSRP for the FFH.

IMHO the FFH seems just a bit overpriced.....~$28k w/destination-delivery is about 2k over what I'd like. If it was 26k there would be no doubt in my mind. But I can get a FFh for ~28k or a FEH for ~30k.

Choices, choices.

Nate
You must be a member of Blueoval in order to view the ordering guide and coping the link here will not work either. I have concerns the FFH is over priced myself and will not order one. We'll see how good they sale in a few months and makes some offers then.

People have posted that the '09 FEH cannot be ordered now and I remember last year many orders where canceled on the '08 FEH after waiting months after ordering. The dealers were just tring to hold onto the customers till the '09 FEH could be ordered.

I love my '09 FEH, but the '10 FEH will have upgrades worth waiting for. The '10 FFH should not be less than owesome.

GaryG

Old 01-07-2009, 01:57 AM

This is another reason I'm waiting:

"Ford sold a total of 1,149 Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner hybrid models in December (Mercury is not sold in Canada), down 49.3 per cent and representing 8.1 per cent of all Escape and Mariner models sold. For the full year, Ford sold 19,522 Escape and Mariner hybrids, down 22.2 per cent from 2007. The company will bring a hybrid version of the Ford Fusion to market in early 2009."
http://www.canadiandriver.com/2009/0...n-december.htm

Gas prices and car sales will still be down in a few months and so will the demand for hybrids. Special offers may be worth the wait!

GaryG

Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Cool Re: Ford Fusion Ordering Guide....

Originally Posted by GaryG
This is another reason I'm waiting:

"Ford sold a total of 1,149 Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner hybrid models in December (Mercury is not sold in Canada), down 49.3 per cent and representing 8.1 per cent of all Escape and Mariner models sold. For the full year, Ford sold 19,522 Escape and Mariner hybrids, down 22.2 per cent from 2007. The company will bring a hybrid version of the Ford Fusion to market in early 2009."
http://www.canadiandriver.com/2009/0...n-december.htm

Gas prices and car sales will still be down in a few months and so will the demand for hybrids. Special offers may be worth the wait!

GaryG
The only thing driving a purchase of a 2009 vs a 2010 FEH is I can still get the full tax credit (thru March). That and the fact it is winter and the dealers are getting hungry...go to ebay or autotrader..there's deals top be had. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind waiting.

The FFH looks awesome....but I'd have to order(which I'd hate to do), pay nearly full MSRP, and plus the FEH is much more versitile (SUV vs sedan) for only what would end up ~2-3k more $$.

What type of upgrades will be on the 2010 FEH? Will it get some cool upgrades...how about FE?

Nate

Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Hybrid_SUV
What type of upgrades will be on the 2010 FEH? Will it get some cool upgrades...how about FE?

Nate
No upgrades have been official but Ford technology in the FFH is sure to spread over into the '10 FEH. Here is my thoughts:

1. Higher EV speed

2. Electric A/C

3. Lighter more powerful HV battery

4. No Aux HV battery A/C

5. HV battery with cabin cooling and heating. This will improve EV in cold weather by allowing warm cabin air to maintain better heating of the battery

6. More powerful electric motors with more regen

7. Variable Voltage Converter for more efficient conversion losses and voltage boost.

I see no reason why Ford would not make these changes in the '10 FEH because most of them are cost savings and will improve FE. The '10 FFH will have all these improvements and there is no reason to produce two different systems at a higher cost.

GaryG

Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG

I see no reason why Ford would not make these changes in the '10 FEH because most of them are cost savings and will improve FE. The '10 FFH will have all these improvements and there is no reason to produce two different systems at a higher cost.

GaryG
Unless Ford is locked into a contractual agreement for some #'s yet to be met.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:15 PM

I found this article with this statement right on with my thinking:

"One of two things will happen to the Fusion Hybrid. It will be deservedly praised and sell well, or be deservedly praised as it sits unclaimed on car lots.
The public is funny that way. It doesn't always want what popular wisdom says it should."
http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...ON03/901150322

Ford over priced its '10 FFH in these hard times hoping buyers will instead purchase the gas version of the Fusion. People who want a hybrid will just look to Toyota and Honda and pass on the FFH in my opinion. I'll be looking for that unclaimed FFH with a good price myself.

GaryG

Old 05-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Enthusiast

you might want to visit some forum sites that talk about the ford fusion like http://www.fordfusion.net/. i got answers about my queries about ford fusion there. off topic: i am wondering if mercury cougar parts can be altered/customized so it could fit to a hybrid car like that of the ford fusion.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Had a drunk Mexican National rear end me and my family on the freeway at 5:00AM. I was going 65 cruise control he at least 85-90mph. It ended up being a total due to the battery pack being dented. Thankfully he hit us pretty square so no one was hurt except him slightly. Could have been worse if he hit us on one side or the other more. Best part was when the Hispanic officer finally got him to fork over his ID. He saw it and said "figures" and that said it all to me. They must see a lot of these guys causing accidents/ driving drunk. Oh and it was good to see them cuff him and put him in the back of the patrol car.

SOOOO I am looking long and hard at the FFH. I went into the fleet sales dept and looked at the FEH order guide changes for 2010. It is the same as the 2009 with Flex fuel being added to the engine spec. The other 2 changes are something called auto park, and a rear camera.

I like the FEH but am liking the FFH too. I am leaning towards the FFH due to better ride and more toys. Rear radar cross traffic warning and BLIS. Both of these are very helpful. The FFH also will allow me the get the charcoal leather color instead of the way too light stone gray leather. I also love the platinum white metallic tri coat color. Tint the windows an I am totally happy. Also the FFH has electric driven AC which in So Cal is most welcome.

Wife will need to chime in here as this will be her car but I bet she will go for the FFH too.