Ford TPMS reset tool

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default Ford TPMS reset tool

Has anyone used the Ford TPMS reset tool on their Escape? Part #8C2Z1A203A, MSRP $18.92, on line price as low as $10.88.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford TPMS reset tool

Originally Posted by HiCap
Has anyone used the Ford TPMS reset tool on their Escape? Part #8C2Z1A203A, MSRP $18.92, on line price as low as $10.88.
I'm using part #8C2T-1A203-AB, "TPMS SENSOR TOOL" and it works perfectly for me.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the information, I will go to local Ford dealer tomorrow and buy/order one.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:00 PM

Thanks for the information, I will go to local Ford dealer tomorrow and buy/order one.
Also available on eBay for $20 or less.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Enthusiast

Bought it at local Ford dealer today. Parts guy had never seen one before, he asked what it was for. $18.43 out the door price. In about one minute I had all 4 tire TPMS retrained.
part number/ description
8C2Z-1A203-A TRANSMITT TPMS-19
You can buy it from Ford for less then ebay! Hope this helps others who rotate their own tires, with full size spare.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:55 PM

In about one minute I had all 4 tire TPMS retrained.
part number/ description
8C2Z-1A203-A TRANSMITT TPMS-19
You can buy it from Ford for less then ebay! Hope this helps others who rotate their own tires, with full size spare.
Yeah, same experience here, it works great!

When I first got my full size spare in rotation and had the problem with TPMS, the local Ford dealer wanted $600 for a "sensor retraining tool". Maybe that was a shop quality tool before they introduced this one.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:09 AM

Question: I'm not sure what air pressure the TPMS expects before it triggers the dashboard alert. I would like to know if my tires get below 35 PSI (I use 40 normally). Can the retraining tool set the desired PSI?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by stevedebi
Question: I'm not sure what air pressure the TPMS expects before it triggers the dashboard alert. I would like to know if my tires get below 35 PSI (I use 40 normally). Can the retraining tool set the desired PSI?

AFAIK the retraining tool only resets the TPMS so that the four tires on the vehicle are all being monitored. When you introduce a foreign tire, like the full size spare, it won't be recognized until the system is retrained.

There was nothing in the instructions about changing the trigger threshold. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the trigger pressure is pretty low, like 15psi, but well below the normal operating range.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You guys are lucky, the equivalent Toyota part is so expensive only the dealers have it and it can easily cost $80 to "re-train" a second set of tires (summer vs winter), twice a year.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by colchiro
You guys are lucky, the equivalent Toyota part is so expensive only the dealers have it and it can easily cost $80 to "re-train" a second set of tires (summer vs winter), twice a year.
Ouch...

Quick Reply: Ford TPMS reset tool

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands