Any idea where the console 12v cigarette lighter fuse is located??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Any idea where the console 12v cigarette lighter fuse is located??

Been a while since last posting. My ole 05 HAH is still running fine as can be.

I did notice though, the 12v socket in the armrest console is dead. All the fuses look and also test fine. The 12v socket at the bottom of the dash works fine, its only the one on the inside the arm rest thats dead. I know it used to work.

Looking at some of the recent posts, I am SHOCKED to see that the HAH has a timing belt and not a chain. Man I really dislike the fact I would need to bring it in one day and have a perfectly operating engine be at risk thanks to some wrench jockey. Good thing I have another 50k or so before it needs replacing.

Thanks for the fuse info..... its amazing that I cant find that fuse!! I must be turning into my DAD or something.

Later
Tony

Old 04-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Any idea where the console 12v cigarette lighter fuse is located??

This diagram for 2007 hybrid. I hope it will work for you too.

Attached Thumbnails Any idea where the console 12v cigarette lighter fuse is located??-131083539.jpg   Any idea where the console 12v cigarette lighter fuse is located??-134838221.jpg   Any idea where the console 12v cigarette lighter fuse is located??-131223257.jpg  

Last edited by drozzin; 04-07-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks drozzin,

I will check again when wifey gets the car home from her running around.

I checked the owners manual and can spot the lighter socket fuse for the dash 12 socket in front of the transmission selector BUT not the internal socket in the arm rest. The owners manual also shows some additional fuse box on top or bottom of the one on the left side driver leg area BUT my 05 does not seem to have what is in the book.

I checked under the hood and elsewhere. What I am thinking is maybe the socket is bad in the console or a lead came off behind the socket. I can get my volt meter leads into the socket and no volts at all.

Seems the angle of the socket requires the plug to go in at a steep angle which may have done some internal damage.

Will need to look again this evening.

Thanks again

Tony

Old 04-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Drozzin,

With your pic, I was able to find the blown fuse. Thank you VERY much for taking the time to assist me on this.

I knew what kind of fuse and I even knew the location per the owners manual BUT I had NO IDEA the auxiliary fuse box was THAT far from the main box. I would never have looked that high. For whatever reason, your pic told me to look WAY higher. The wiring harnesses in your pic gave me something to look for.

I have enclosed a pic to show HOW FAR away this truly is.... It was tough getting a good pic, but should provide some help if someone else ever has this problem.

Thanks again,

Tony

If pic doesnt show, click here http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=DSCN3243.jpg

Old 04-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Tony for the follow-up on the location.

I had never really looked at the fuse layout on my 07 and took the time to see if it is the same. Well I hope I never need to get to those 4 fuses on a dark and stormy night.

I wonder what the dealer would charge to change it?

Honda doesn't seem to included any spares and a fuse puller in this car so I might put both in a useful location. Maybe they have all stopped that practice.

BTW that is a 20A fuse do you know what caused it to fail? Most 12V cig plugs are on relatively low wattage devices.

Mike

Old 04-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Mike,

There IS a fuse puller under the hood in THAT fuse box. There may even be a spare fuse or two, I dont recall.

It wasnt too hard to get the fuse out with the puller. The risk was dropping the replacement behind all the trim work while replacing it.

I did check all the fone cords and gps cords too to make sure they were not the problem I plugged them into a 12v battery on which I wired a lighter jack and all devices worked fine.

My guess is that something like a nail file or a ball point pen or maybe even spare keys were thrown in the console arm rest and accidentally landed in such a way to enter the socket and short things out. That socket IS in a bad spot imo. Especially in our cars anyways as my wife likes to sew and keeps her little scissors and needles in there which have been known to spill at times.

I am SURE glad I didnt have to take it into honda. I have such a fear that Mr GoodShaft works at most dealers, especially so of any car I own.

Tony

Old 04-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Don't know how I missed the spares and puller under the hood. Maybe because it was pretty dark in the garage when I looked and I really didn't need one, but you are right and now I know. Thanks

A nice thought would be a circuit breaker and reset button right there next to the outlet. "So that isn't a lipstick holder" read that somewhere online a long time ago.

I rent a lot of vehicles and there are a few makes that do a nice job of installing those outlets so they really are user friendly. Some even keep a "hot" one or two so you can keep something powered with the key off (a double edged sword). I drag a lot of gadgets with me so I frequently use them all.