price for the 300v hybrid battery

Old 02-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Administrator
Default price for the 300v hybrid battery

since the GM two mode hybrid has been in use for almost 3 years since its launching, did anybody replace their battery(300v) and at what cost?

Old 02-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: price for the 300v hybrid battery

They are about $2500 at a dealer. However they are also under 100,000 mile warranty and I think 7 years.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Most major cities will have repair stations for the battery packs. I'd guess in 5 years or so, an exchange will be under $1,000.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
They are about $2500 at a dealer. However they are also under 100,000 mile warranty and I think 7 years.
I think it's an 8 year/100,000 mile warranty - this is listed for the 2009, but I don't think it has changed. Thought this had something to do with California laws.

HYBRID WARRANTYFor vehicles sold in the United States, in addition to the Bumper-to-Bumper coverage described previously, General Motors will warrant certain Hybrid components for each 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid, Chevrolet Silverado Two-Mode Hybrid and Chevrolet Tahoe Two-Mode Hybrid (hereafter referred to as Hybrid) for eight years or 100,000 miles (160,000 kilometers), whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the specific Hybrid components of the vehicle.For vehicles sold in Canada, in addition to the Base Warranty Coverage described in the GM Canadian Limited Warranty, Maintenance and Owner Assistance booklet, General Motors of Canada Limited will warrant certain Hybrid components for each 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid, Chevrolet Silverado Two-Mode Hybrid and Chevrolet Tahoe Two-Mode Hybrid (hereafter referred to as Hybrid) for 8 years or 160,000 kilometers, whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the specific Hybrid components of the vehicle.This warranty is for Hybrid vehicles registered in the United States or Canada and normally operated in the United States or Canada, respectively. In addition to the initial owner of the vehicle, the coverage described in this Hybrid warranty is transferable at no cost to any subsequent person(s) who assumes ownership of the vehicle within the above described 8 years or 100,000 mile (160,000 kilometers) term. No deductibles are associated with this Hybrid warranty.This Hybrid warranty is in addition to the express conditions and warranties described previously. The coverage and benefits described under "New Vehicle Limited Warranty" are not extended or altered because of this special Hybrid Component Warranty.For 2009 Hybrid owners requiring more comprehensive coverage than that provided under this Hybrid warranty, a GM Protection Plan may be available. See your Chevrolet dealer for more details. WHAT IS COVEREDThis Hybrid warranty covers repairs to correct any vehicle defect related to materials or workmanship occurring during the 8-year or 100,000-mile (160,000 kilometers) term for the following: TransmissionAll automatic transmission components, including the auxiliary transmission fluid pump assembly, flexplate assembly and electric machine rotor and stator. SteeringElectrohydraulic power steering pump and reservoir. BrakesBrake apply system sensor on the brake pedal assembly. Other Hybrid ComponentsStarter Generator Control Module (SGCM); SGCM radiator; SGCM coolant pump and bottle; energy storage box and components, including batteries and control module; hood switch; electric power outlets; three-phase cable assembly; and Hybrid control module. TowingDuring the 8-year or 100,000-mile (160,000 kilometers) Hybrid warranty period, towing is covered to the nearest Chevrolet servicing dealer if your vehicle cannot be driven because of a warranted defect. Contact the Chevrolet Roadside Assistance Center for towing. Refer to the Owner's Manual for details. Courtesy Transportation ProgramDuring the 8-year or 100,000-mile (160,000 kilometers) Hybrid warranty period, interim transportation may be available under the Chevrolet or GMC Courtesy Transportation Program. Consult your dealer for details.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

These batteries are very carefully managed by the hybrid controller. I seriously doubt, with normal use, that they will need replacing during the normal 300,000 mile life of the vehicle. Now, if you let it sit for months without use, you may have a problem. I would never let the vehicle sit for more than two weeks without running it to operating temperature and letting it get to autostop. That would just be "extra-safe".
My battery is going to be out of warranty in 18 months, based on how I use it, but I've seen no degradation in 58,000 miles of use. Still pulling 23mpg on road trips and 20.1 mpg running around town (no longer even trying to get good mileage).

Old 03-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Enthusiast

They are a 8 year, 80,000 miles. I spoke to a sale person at Chevy. (Will see if they are not blowing smoke up my xxxx).
He mention that a Gas company has them with over 100,000 miles on it. They have replace two trans electric motor. Guess it is like a Die Hard battery if they sit too long. Once they Die, they are Hard to start.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

It appears as if you can find the Battery for around $2,152.50.

http://www.newgmparts.com/partlocato...layCatalogid=0

Old 03-15-2011, 03:27 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, good information.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Administrator

with the core price of $1000.00 shouldn't it be $1500.00 retail vs the quoted $2152.50?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Administrator

it is $1820.00 at gmpartdirect, fyi

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: price for the 300v hybrid battery

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands