Ford Motor Company Ford, Mazda and Mercury hybrids

Ford not honoring warranty on Ford Escape Hybrid

Old 02-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Yes, it's cold
Default Ford not honoring warranty on Ford Escape Hybrid

I have a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid that recently had a hybrid-related part replaced for over $900. It is a warranty item that Ford has refused to pay for. There is a lengthy discussion titled Battery Cooling Fan Failure in the Ford Escape Hybrid section detailing this problem that I and others have had with our Ford hybrids. For anyone considering buying any Ford hybrid, you may want to read up on this problem first.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes, it's cold
Default Re: Ford not honoring warranty on Ford Escape Hybrid

After weeks of headaches and calling multiple Ford offices/people, Ford finally agreed to honor the battery cooling fan replacement warranty. In the warranty discussion that I referenced in my original post, you can find what lead up to warranty work being covered and I will be posting a lessons learned in the coming days. But the bottom line is that just because the dealer or Ford tells you that something isn't covered by the warranty doesn't necessarily mean that what they are saying is true.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

This is what one views ordering via Ford parts:
Name:  FEHhybridbatteryfanspartnumber.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  137.1 KB
This information can be confusing to those that do not own a FEH. The part number is the same for 2005-07 and I assume for later models.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I will guess that when the dealership enters 10c659 in the warranty system, it is not recognized, so they assume it is not a covered component. As I recall, when they used the battery pack base part number, it is covered. Someone at Ford should update the warranty files to include this repair kit and stop the confusion.