Would this be a better Scangauge II?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast
Question Would this be a better Scangauge II?

I know that owners of the ScanGauge II love it - but couldn't it be even much more useful if a small change were made?

I would venture to say most have 'Gauges' set to come on when you start up. Love the 'Gauges' and can't get enough of them. I own a 2005 FEH AWD there are only four slots on the gauges page now, and trying to figure out which gauge I will have on start-up each time is a conundrum. I have a suggestion I think that would make a great leap forward especially for Hybrid owners - that suggestion is have a second set of four gauges that could be anything, RPM, MPH, GPH, SOC, TBV (traction battery voltage) - - - either or both ICE or EV gauges.

Really - how many times do you need or use the upper left button on the home screen 'Scan'? It takes up a lot but gives very little in return to be taking up a hard button where it could be a soft one under 'More'?. Why not copy the code for 'Gauges' over to that button and call it 'Gauges 1' and change 'Gauge' to 'Gauges 2' and move the 'Scan' function under 'More'? You could have one screen set up for ICE related gauges and the other for EV or both for ICE or EV. Re-program the 'Home' button to be a toggle between the two when you are on one of the 'Gauge' pages and if you really wanted to go 'Home' then hold it for two seconds or so to go to the 'Home' screen.

To me the 'Scan' function is not a highly of a used feature and if you did need it - well it would be under 'More'.

What do you think and if you like it do like me and go to the 'Contact Us' and choose 'Comments or Suggestions' under 'Subject' - maybe if enough ask for the change and told how it would really help and that the 'Scan' function would not be any trouble finding under 'More'

Just a thought - Phillip

Last edited by VietVet'67; 04-29-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Wording correction then adding for ICE owners
Old 04-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Would this be a better Scangauge II?

Your idea might be better for hybrid owners, but I suspect the significant majority of their customer base would prefer it the way it is now.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast
Smile Re: Would this be a better Scangauge II?

Originally Posted by GatorJ
Your idea might be better for hybrid owners, but I suspect the significant majority of their customer base would prefer it the way it is now.
I wonder what percentages of Hybrid and non-Hybrid users there are for the ScanGauge? Seems to me that it would probably be the other way around - those that already are trying to squeeze out that last drop of MPG - the Hybrid owner. I don't see where having another page of gauges would be a bad thing for those that do have conventional ICEs. More per-selected data available with just one push of a button and not having to scan through a myriad of choices. The 'Scan' function would still be available - just in a different place. It takes up as much space as 'Gauge' and 'Trips' which have many sub features but it just has one main and basically two sub features. I can see if you are continually having a problem and trying to track it down you might want it on the home screen - but going to 'More' and then 'Scan' doesn't seem to be as useful of the four buttons as having four more preset gauges whether dealing with a Hybrid or conventional ICE all under one button.

Isn't this posted on the 'Ford Escape Hybrid' portion of GreenHybrid anyway?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

This is an Ultra-guage that is similiar to the Scanguage. The Ultra-guage allows a "rotating" display to occur. It does not have all the hybrid codes as the Scanguage does. The DashDaq is another option with a much better display that scanguage. It does have the hybrid codes as the Scanguage but it is priced significantly higher than the scanguage.

Two upgrades: rotating screen values, display face as if it is a smart phone.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast

I am waiting for someone to make an android app that interfaces with all the extra functions that are on a hybrid. Dashcommand says they are working on it. I also want to get the pioneer appradio 2 to display the information on the radio.

Just my $.02

Old 05-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast
Smile Re: Would this be a better Scangauge II?

Dan - just went to the Dashcommand site and they already have them for you to purchase
I checked the iPhone app store, because that is what i have, and it is available now for $49.99.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast

Dash command is the mobile app, and as far as I know from their email to me it still isn't in there. They have other software for windows that has that feature though.