5 year/50k warranty?

Old 09-11-2006, 07:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default 5 year/50k warranty?

I heard a radio ad yesterday saying that Ford is offering 5 year/50 thousand mile warranty on all 2006 Ford vehicles (you must take retail delivery by October blah blah blah).

So, I am wondering (or am I wandering, I don't know), since I have a 2006 Ford vehicle, does this apply to my '06 Escape that I bought in June 2005? I'm no lawyer, but at least listening to the ad, it seems like I am eligible since I bought mine before the cutoff date.

I called the 800 number listed in the ad and got a recording that was all about the 0% financing they are also offering.

I haven't bothered looking at Ford's website or calling the dealer. That wouldn't be any fun.

500th post - yay for me.....

Old 09-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Default Re: 5 year/50k warranty?

From Ford's website...

"Includes 2006 and 2007 model year Ford products regardless of the launch date. 2007 model year Focus coverage will be greater. 2007 model year E-Series and F-Series (up to F-550) diesel engine warranty coverage is 5 years/100,000 miles. Unique hybrid components have 8-year/100,000-mile limited-warranty coverage. A 2006 Model Year Ford vehicle sold on or after July 14, 2006 will be covered by a complimentary 5year/60,000 Mile Ford ESP PowertrainCARE extended service contract with a $100 deductible. For 2007 Model Year Ford products the warranty is fully transferable with no deductible."

Old 09-11-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
2006 Model Year Ford vehicle sold on or after July 14, 2006 will be covered by a complimentary 5year/60,000 Mile Ford ESP

Guess that answers that. Not a biggie, really. I bought the ESP anyway. Hope I never need it....

Thanks for being less lazy than me, Walt.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:21 PM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
From Ford's website...

"Includes 2006 and 2007 model year Ford products regardless of the launch date. 2007 model year Focus coverage will be greater. 2007 model year E-Series and F-Series (up to F-550) diesel engine warranty coverage is 5 years/100,000 miles. Unique hybrid components have 8-year/100,000-mile limited-warranty coverage. A 2006 Model Year Ford vehicle sold on or after July 14, 2006 will be covered by a complimentary 5year/60,000 Mile Ford ESP PowertrainCARE extended service contract with a $100 deductible. For 2007 Model Year Ford products the warranty is fully transferable with no deductible."

Here's my question: My 07 MMH is advertised with 3/yr 30,000miles warantee....so does that mean I acutally have 5 yr/50,000 ??

Also, the dealer sold me "service plan" for the first 3yr/30,000, as well as the extended one to 70,000miles...both totaled ~$2k, which I got since I have no idea how much/long/good hybrid systems reliability are.

Is what I bought redundant, since there is the 5yr/50k complimentatry one noted by this thread?

Old 09-11-2006, 04:03 PM

This all sounds like ford needed an edge to improve sales. They will probably go by the date the vehicle was sold on the '06 and '07's. I would call the service deparment and find the real scoop. I'm sure they will be the first to be notified of the change in warranty.

My daughter totaled her Ranger last week and we were looking at the new '06 and '07 Escapes. The salesman just said they have 5yrs/50,000 miles on the drivetrain and the bumper to bumper was still 36mo/36,000 miles. The saleman lied to me on other issues so I don't know the real answer.

GaryG

Old 09-11-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by GaryG
I would call the service deparment and find the real scoop. I'm sure they will be the first to be notified of the change in warranty.

My daughter totaled her Ranger last week and we were looking at the new '06 and '07 Escapes. The salesman just said they have 5yrs/50,000 miles on the drivetrain and the bumper to bumper was still 36mo/36,000 miles. The saleman lied to me on other issues so I don't know the real answer.
Since you are looking for a new vehicle, I assume your daughter is okay - glad to hear that.

You put more faith in the service department having good information than I do. I couldn't even get the woman to give me a straight answer from her regarding the recall on the foam in the roof.

A salesman lied to you? Hard to believe.

A salesman I became friendly with, after 10+ years with one company, went to work for his only competitor a couple years ago. I asked him how he could sell the stuff he spent years badmouthing as junk. His answer? "I'm a salesman, I lied". Probably the only honest thing he has ever said.....

Old 09-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by occ
Here's my question: My 07 MMH is advertised with 3/yr 30,000miles warantee....so does that mean I acutally have 5 yr/50,000 ??

Also, the dealer sold me "service plan" for the first 3yr/30,000, as well as the extended one to 70,000miles...both totaled ~$2k, which I got since I have no idea how much/long/good hybrid systems reliability are.

Is what I bought redundant, since there is the 5yr/50k complimentatry one noted by this thread?
Good question, because I ALSO bought the expensive extended warranty on my '07 because of the 3 yr/30K warantee and we needed to have the car covered for the 4-5 years I hope to drive it.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:53 PM

Ray, She and her boy friend were hurt, but their alive. A 6,000 lb SUV ran a stoplight and She T boned him doing at least 45mph with no time for braking. Airbags and seatbelts are the only reason they were not killed. His witness said their light was green, but he wreaked with alcohol according to the Cop. Thank God someone else saw the accident and said the light was green for my Daughter. The Cop was still going to write up the accident as my Daughter's fault. My wife and I talked to the Officer and his boss about falsifying a police report, and he changed his mind and wrote the other guy a ticket. The father of this guy is a well known Attorney in that town. My guess is the Cop will not show when the ticket goes to Court.

That's how things work here in ballot land Florida. I'm smart enough to start ordering 911 dispatch tapes and police and fire rescue radio tapes right away. When they called for the DUI testing, a coverup was widespread. Many people would have to take the fall for this drunk. Looks like the story changed, and my Daughter is feeling better that the police need to follow some of the laws also.

WE are looking for a replacement vehicle now. Any ideas?

GaryG

Old 09-11-2006, 06:25 PM

my Daughter is feeling better that the police need to follow some of the laws also.

WE are looking for a replacement vehicle now. Any ideas?

GaryG
Hopefully justice will be served to the proper party there. Massachusetts is bad like that too. Money talks. You only have to look at our "royal family" of politicians to see some perfect examples of that. Think Oldsmobile, bridge, small island.....

On topic for a change, I'm pretty fond of the late model Escapes - hybrid or not. Although the V6 version is a gas pig, the 4 cylinder version does pretty well on gas but I believe is only available in a standard shift. That may have changed though.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:55 PM

This all sounds like ford needed an edge to improve sales. They will probably go by the date the vehicle was sold on the '06 and '07's. I would call the service deparment and find the real scoop. I'm sure they will be the first to be notified of the change in warranty.

GaryG
From what I remember hearing in the commercials, the new longer warranties for both GM and Ford are drivetrain only. So in this case the dealer would be right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5 year/50k warranty?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands