Homelink rearview mirror

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 08:50 AM
ltc
Enthusiast
Default Homelink rearview mirror

My dealer installed an electrochromatic compass mirror, with Homelink (comes with or without temp display), Ford P/N 4L3Z-17700-A, when I picked up my 06 FEH.
Saw it in the Ford Accessories catalog, took about 1 hour to install (I didn't get the external temp display).
Nice having the Homelink (got used to it in the wife's Excursion....which is up on the visor) and the electrochromatic mirror is nice at night.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Homelink rearview mirror

I just looked at the Catalog and it says "not available on Escape Hybrid". I guess this is not an issue? What were the costs for the install and product?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 04-02-2006, 09:25 AM
ltc
Enthusiast

It was installed at part cost ($333 IIRC) + 1 hour normal shop rate.....can't find the paperwork now.

They couldn't understand why they would say N/A for a FEH, but they didn't have any issues. Very clean factory look install. And since it's a Genuine Ford Part, it gets the same warranty coverage as factory installed part.

Old 04-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There is no problem installing a new mirror in an FEH. I installed a Gentek(that's who makes the Ford mirror) compass/ouside temp/reading light mirror in mine in 1/2 hour.

I bought it here http://stores.ebay.com/Advance-Mcs-Electronics for around $160.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 04-02-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Kermit's Friend

Cool, I want one! Actually, the compass is already built into the Nav system and it works on GPS rather than magnetics. But having homelink and the outdoor temperature as well as the autodimming feature for night driving would be great to have. I still need to get a rear cargo cover too.

I wanted a moonroof too and apparently my dealer can install a Ford one with warranty against leaks even though only the premium package includes it from the factory.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mtn Dog
Cool, I want one! Actually, the compass is already built into the Nav system and it works on GPS rather than magnetics. But having homelink and the outdoor temperature as well as the autodimming feature for night driving would be great to have. I still need to get a rear cargo cover too.

I wanted a moonroof too and apparently my dealer can install a Ford one with warranty against leaks even though only the premium package includes it from the factory.
When I first ordered my FEH, the salesman said that I could order the moonroof without the preminum package as I wanted the appearance package and just about everything in the premium except the monotone paint, (I wanted the 2-tone paint, red w. silver bumpers). I signed the order and made my deposit. 2 days later the guy phoned saying that he could not order the moonroof unless I ordered the premium package first. Since it was their screwup, he agreed to give me the premium package. I lost the 2-tone paint but gained the heated seats/mirrors and backup system free.

I don't have homelink so I'll probably get the Gentek and install myself.

Regards,

Roch

Old 04-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Kermit's Friend

The Ford Factory moonroof includes a special overhead console with reading lamps, rear view mirror, and other stuff. The premium package is the only way to get a factory moonroof because this adjacent console that comes with it is also one of the features on the premium package. Ford can install a moonroof but I doubt it would have the other same features (it may not even be power driven). Being a Sonic Blue fan myself, I didn't like the colors the Premiums came in.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast

Hi all,

I just went to my Ford dealer to inquire about getting one of these installed. While the part was a fixed price, the service dealer had no idea how long it would take to install. He said it could be up to three hours. I was kind of schocked at this answer as it seems pretty black and white to me. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a dealer in the SF Bay Area (hopefully the peninsula) that has installed this mirror and can do it in about an hour?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 04-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast

Did you buy the mirror with the O/S temperature readout, and if so, where does the lead for the temp sensor go?

Old 04-23-2006, 01:01 PM
ltc
Enthusiast

I purchased the mirror without the temperature display.....didn't feel as though I really needed it.

Just wanted the electrochromatic mirror and Homelink....the compass display is redundant, since I have it in the NAV.

Quick Reply: Homelink rearview mirror

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands