Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Coastal E Tech mod - successful installation, tips

Wow .. cool, soopahman!

Old 04-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I've had a lot of visitors this past month who consistently wanted to visit San Diego and Mexico, which has put me on the highway a lot and prevented both the Mod and the acceleration technique from having much relevance. However there was just one tank where I was able to stay off the highway and get:

61.5mpg

For the entire tank - that's not MFD that's the real miles/gallons ratio. That's using the EV mod gas engine shut off for the first 5 minutes, and accelerating just hard enough to not use the battery.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/...r.php?cid=3783

The vacations are all over with (no more visitors for a few months) so I should be back to local driving for the next couple of tanks, we'll see what I end up with.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

So nobody is worried that Toyota has stated installation of this mod will void their battery warranty?

Just wondering what the thinking is on this.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

David, have a search through this forum and on PriusChat.com, warranty worries are covered there. As a summary, there are some concerns but the majority opinion appears to be it's a non-issue, with one person pointing out that a Toyota mechanic actually noticed the mod and complimented the owner on it - no voided warranty.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Enthusiast

Picking this thread up, I recently purchased a 2010 Hybrid Highlander and am curious if the CoastalTech EV mode modification would work in the same way as on Prius, i.e. grounding pin 27 on the H17 connector (even if the connector is called B1 or B2 or B3 and not H17). The cancel on the cruise control is OK but I think I would prefer to just put a different switch in somewhere. Sounds like it is true EV mode and not like the EV mode switch that only works when the engine is warm, is that right? Hoping to do my own plug-in conversion sometime and this is step 1. Any comments or hints would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by Enginerd; 11-06-2013 at 10:10 AM.