water broke!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 12:09 AM
Enthusiast

After 4 months, water finally broke! Now labor pain's much more intense! Woot! Got the call Valentine's day that my BC Seaside arrived! thing is, it's a holiday weekend and bank's closed. Anyway, i was told they still have to prep it and do predelivery stuff. I've shopped for insurance, just have to go to credit union and.... woohoo! keep ya'll posted when i drive it home!

Old 02-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Site Founder

How romantic! Let us know what you name her!

Old 02-18-2004, 02:09 AM
Enthusiast

finally drove home our BC Seaside! What a day! Everything went smooth, from applying for a loan at my credit union as well as getting insurance. what a relief. once everything was set, called dealership for pick-up! paperwork was uneventful, just clockwork. and there she was, what a sight! after some pointers (which i didnt really need from all the reading i've done), we were off!

Drive was nice and smooth! What a great car. At first we were overwhelmed by the intrumentation, as well as the thought that we were driving a hybrid. but later it was just like driving any car.

Got to get used to the rear window, visibility seemed limited but i'm sure we'll easily adjust to it.

We drove straight home. Living up a pretty steep hill, we were at the moment of truth. Up we went, with much more power to spare! whew! now just have to test backing up the hill (not all of it but just simulate some situations).

We fiddled around with the multi-info screen, fun fun fun! one thing we noticed, and didn't check at the dealership were the personal lights under the visors. they did not work! the dome light works though (which we did test back at the dealer). Guess i have to drive it back there in the morning! yay! get to drive it!
:lol:

Aside from those personal lights, everything was great! No mpg to report yet, it's only got 9 miles on it!

Oh yeah, ever since ordering it back in October, we named her Prreecioussss (as in like gollum would say it), thing is, that's also the name of our neighbor's cat. So upon insistence of our nephews and nieces, she's been dubbed Dory (finding nemo) mainly because of her color.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:12 PM
Site Founder

You changed her name! Terrible!

As far as the visor light, it needs to be both switched to "on" and the vanity mirror must be opened. Welcome.

Old 02-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Enthusiast

Yep, found that out after posting!

Went to work today, and what a head turner we were! I love it!

Old 02-22-2004, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

Use in good health!

R

Old 02-23-2004, 01:55 AM
Enthusiast

Well, almost a week and 220miles later, we're getting 47mpg. still have half a tank! i'd be filling-up my old celica if i drove that distance! Woot! Anyway, i guess i'll really find out the true mpg on my first fill-up, when that is, i don't know! love it! Of course, still breaking in so mpg should only get better! It's great cruising in stealth in city streets. then in traffic, sitting there with no ICE running, while those around are chugging gas. :lol: Thing is, knowing we've got a hybrid and we're excited about our new car, we tend to drive around more than we'd normally would! I even think of reasons (like errands) just to go out and drive it!

I have yet to see another '04 around. I've seen total of 3: at costco, and 2 at a parking structure, but never yet out on the streets. Sometimes we wonder where those other people who bought an '04 live, since Oahu is a small place, you'd think there's a better chance to see one out in the wild.

Old 02-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Site Founder

Be glad you're getting 47 mpg. I'm sure I could achieve 50 if it weren't for all my 15 minute commutes to school and 10 minute commutes back. There's so much traffic in the morning that my battery is completely drained by the time I get there, so the drive back averages about 30-35 MPG and pulls my average down to about 45.

Old 02-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally posted by eak354@Feb 23rd 2004 @ 4:55 AM
I have yet to see another '04 around. I've seen total of 3: at costco, and 2 at a parking structure, but never yet out on the streets. Sometimes we wonder where those other people who bought an '04 live, since Oahu is a small place, you'd think there's a better chance to see one out in the wild.
Here in NY, I have seen only one - and I only saw it's tail - it passed right by me in a mall and I missed it - probably because the traffic to get out was horrendous.

You have a BC - how is navagation working on Oahu? There was a bit of discussion on that over on the Yahoo board - I am curious to know if you get a different DVD for your maps. I would be interested to know the revision if so.

Spent a little time on Oahu myself - rode a moped from Pearl around and up to the Pali and back down to perl - about 10 hours, I think - lots of fun! Lots of fond memories.

Best luck with the car! I love mine - we have the same car. It hasn't told me it's name yet though.

Jack