Center Armrest for Insight

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 06:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Center Armrest for Insight

Husco (at www.husco.com) still has a few center armrests left. Costing $95, my order was received in a week, and took about an hour to istall. It''s comfy, has cupholders, and can slide back out of the way when not needed. A photo of it can be found here: http://www.insightcentral.net/owners/mods/reece.html

Old 09-29-2005, 07:58 AM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: Center Armrest for Insight

I got one too. I haven't installed it yet, but it's supposed to be grey (the pad). Haven't had a chance to open the box.

Other mods I have to install but have yet to open the boxes for, I plan to install all at once next week.

1. Husco armrest, I'm going to put an additional 12V socket or two in the base as well. That way my Zire 72 PDA/Delorme Blue Logger GPS will "look" wireless but have the advantage of not gobbling up the battery power on the unit so I can run it continuously.

2. Wet Okole seat covers, green centers to match the car and look similar to the Insight prototype

3. Aluminum "Insight" Foot Pad (dead pedal), again, I'll have the same bright green theme going on for the filler so Insight will read the same color as the seat covers.

4. LRR tires, OEM I'll finally have LRR tires. Whoever had the car before me didn't put LRR tires back on the car. They just went with some cheapo Wal-Mart stuff.

I'll have some pics one I get all this stuff installed.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Enthusiast

Hi Rigger,

I have my Garmin StreePilot GPS 320 on the dash, in the lower left corner using the windshiled mount. I ran the power cable down the left side where the dash console ends, and under the bottom of the dash console to the power socket. Using adhesive backed clips, the cable stays put, and out of view. Looks pretty custom.

Best,

Ricco

Old 09-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Rigger:

___You will like the Husco arm rest for its utility (as an arm rest only) and it is just what the Insight needed. The built in cup holders are almost worthless. Loved the look of Insight dead pedal.

___Did you purchase OEM sized RE92’s or something else?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 09-29-2005, 11:16 AM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Center Armrest and other accesories for Insight

For my Husco I plan on popping in my PDA in my cupholder PDA mount. That's the "plan", I'll see if it's usable by doing that. I can't believe they didn't put cruise or an armrest standard on Insights.

Ricco, is your armrest grey? My GPS is a bit hard to see during VERY sunny days even though I have tinted windows. Also since it is my PDA too, I like being able to remove it quick since I carry it wherever I go, geek - I know.

Wayne, yep - stock sized RE92's. Can't wait to get all this stuff on the car. Weekend after next I should have everything on. Actually Wednesday at the latest. I really look forward to the seat covers too.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Enthusiast

My Husco armrest is grey and the cupholders work well for water bottles. The glare/screen brightness problem of my GPS remains, even tho I have tinted windows (a must in Arizona). What's a 'dead pedal'?

Ricco

Old 09-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: PDA/Center Armrest for Insight

My PDA is the Treo Smartphone. I put a strip of heavy-duty velco width-wise on the top-rear side of the transmission shift console (hooks) and the mate (loops) on the back of the phone. Easier to get to that way.

Ricco

Old 09-29-2005, 03:57 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Check this guys link, he has the seat covers I got (but have to install) as well as the "dead pedal". Some nice pics.

www.littlebluespitfire.com

Old 09-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Enthusiast

Where can you purchase the dead pedal from?

Old 09-30-2005, 02:02 AM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Dead Pedal for Insight

There is a shop somewhere that ocassionally makes mass orders for a member of yahoo-honda-hybrid, he in turn resells them at cost to the group members. They don't come all that cheap but I haven't heard anyone complain yet (about $42 if memory serves correct). Considering there is a spot for one, I am surprised there isn't.

Quick Reply: Center Armrest for Insight

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands