IMA light finally came on today!

Old 06-22-2006, 07:08 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default IMA light finally came on today!

My IMA finally came on today. It was close to 100 and HUGE amounts of humidity and I had the A/C blasting to try to keep the pack (battery pack) cool. Also I ALWAYS vent the car before driving it on a hot day. Vent: open all doors and hatch for about a minute. I was about 20 minutes into my trip when I had my SECOND RECAL of the day. The battery was almost recharged and that's when the charge dropped AGAIN to nothing but shut the IMA down. No warning lights, but the ACCL/CHRG gauge was not working and th ebattery level was at empty as well. It stayed that way for a while and then started charging again. That was when the CEL as well as the IMA light came on.

Once I got it home I pulled the codes and came up with a DTC63, Battery Module Overheat. Figures, I was hoping to get the dreaded 77. I'm still taking it in tomorrow since I'm off work and I'm forcing them to get off their rear ends and honor the recall/warranty work. They should hopefully be more educated now, its been a month since those letters came out.

Sooo, hopefully I'll get my new battery as I have RECALs every 50-100 miles now and drive 100 miles a day. In the end, I'm HAPPY with my Insight. I am a Toyota person now because of dealer service . I'll probably end up telling them that tommorow if they give me a reason to lose my temper.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned
Default Re: IMA light finally came on today!

Rigger,

Best of luck on your trip to the dealership.

Strange, until lately I heard that Honda dealers were much better than Toyota's. My experience with Bankston in Lewisville and Lute Riley in Richardson in the D/FW area has been very good.

Your codes are different than mine back in Feb.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:43 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: IMA light finally came on today!

I'll see how my dealer does this time. I know they don't like DIYers but its completely stupid to pay someone else who probably knows less than you to work on your car. That's why I only go to them for warranty issues. My parents however do teh regular scheduled MX with them. What they don't know is because of the problems they've given me, my parents next car is going to be an Avalon instead of another Accord even though they've been driving a new Accord every 3 years for the last 14 years. Funny how that works.

My code I pulled was for BCM overheat. I need to make sure I didn't block the IMA intake vent. I keep my windshield cover behind the PAX seat. I may have covered it up this time. Still, the recall stuff needs to be done but I'm not paying them to read the code. I've read it already and I can reset it myself as well.