What is the best way to drive a hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default What is the best way to drive a hybrid

I have searched this sight and maybe i just over looked this. But Is there a proper way of driving a hybrid to get the most MPG out of it ( i have a 2010 insight). I am getting 43.4 MPG (which is awesome compared to the 24MPG i was getting with my 2000 cougar) It is still a little cold here in PA so I know that has something to do with it also (but around 5pm it is about 50 degrees). A friend told me to pulse drive but I don't know if i am doing it right. Any tips any one could give me will be greatly appreciated

Old 04-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What is the best way to drive a hybrid

cuso...do a couple searches here. there are tons of tips. the best one is to look at your instrument feedback. know where the sweet spots are and try to recognize that without having to look at the meters.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks livvie I'll do the search. And you are right I can't take my eyes of the instruments yet.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Go back a couple years or more and read about some things they did then and it should help.HCH and Insight posting. Pump the tires to max. cold setting printed on the side of the tire. Slow down and pay attention. Most people getting real big numbers use a Scan gauge to help, they coast, draft , even push to get going. There all kinds of things to do so start reading! Lots here and other forums. cleanmpg.com forum Have fun Joe. Hal