Stevo is right, there are a few reqirements to be met before AutoStop will activate, one is a warmed up engine.
Is there a way to get the Autostop feature to work with the ECON button off
Your ECONO button is essentially your AutoStop on-off switch and becomes active whenever your blower selector is not OFF.
By default your AC compressor always comes ON when you select DEFROST.
By default your ECONO button does nothing while on DEFROST. (AutoStop disabled)
You can change these defaults.
I've personally successfully changed the ECONO button default so the car will go into AutoStop while in DEFROST mode, but didn't have success with controlling the AC.
Here are some instructions, thanks to BUZZ70 (Mark):
The procedure to enable the ability to turn off the A/C when in defrost mode is:
1) Turn the vent control (top ****) to "face" (one to the right of
2) Turn the temperature **** all the way to cold (left)
3) Turn the fan control to "auto"
4) Hold the A/C and recirculate buttons down.
5) Insert the key into the ignition, turn to "Start" (or II)
6) Hold the buttons down for 7 seconds. The A/C light will blink,
7) Release buttons.
To switch back to default, repeat the procedure above.
To allow "Econ" to be used, the procedure above is exactly the same, but you hold all 3 buttons in for step 4 until the Econ blinks.
These tips and more information appeared in the last greenhybrid newsletter.
If you missed it, you can
Sign up here.