Anyone have close to or over 100k miles HCH CVT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Anyone have close to or over 100k miles HCH CVT?

I'm considering getting a Honda Civic Hybrid (& keeping it a long time) and I was wanting to know, from people who have alot of mileage on their HCH's (with CVT) what kind of unusual maintenance items have popped up, in particular the CVT (continuously variable transmission).

So, anyone have a very well used HCH CVT near or over 100K miles? Any unsual maintenance items?

Thank you.

Scott

Old 12-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Default Re: Anyone have close to or over 100k miles HCH CVT?

My CVT is fine, but I'm just shy of 40K.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Hybrid True Believer

I'm at 91k, and the only CVT-related repair was draining and refilling the transmission fluid once. The car still runs fine!

Old 12-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks to you both tbaleno & AshenGrey, I appreciate it.

I've been struggling between the Prius and the Civic Hybrid, but I think I'm going to go with the Civic (going to put the order in tomorrow).

Scott

Old 12-19-2005, 06:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

70K and no issues of any kind.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:29 AM

Toyotas and Hondas are equally reliable, which is to say they're the most reliable cars in the world. I would not worry about which one lasts 100k miles; they both do. It's true little things can come up with the 2006 HCHs since it's a first-year model (indeed, there's already a software bug), but it's still a reliable and good car.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Also, remember, the 2006 HCH is an evolution, so it's not completely new, it's improved upon. So I wouldn't look at it as a first 1yr car.

Old 12-19-2005, 02:12 PM

It's the first year of a new generation, and everything has been changed. It uses a new battery, new motor, new engine, new body, new interior, new transmission, new everything.

Old 12-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Angry Re: Anyone have close to or over 100k miles HCH CVT?

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
It's the first year of a new generation, and everything has been changed. It uses a new battery, new motor, new engine, new body, new interior, new transmission, new everything.
I have to second that. And onto my tale of woe: My wife lost any semblance of concentration and whacked her HiHy front-left bumper into my right-rear HCHII door. I was standing in the garage when she did it and let me tell you.... I screamed like a little girl. Oh yeah.

Anyway, my point is that the rental car is an '05 Civic LX. I felt like I had gone back in time 15 years after driving the HCHII! Nothing digital except the clock, tuner and odometer. And that windshield! Sooooo in-my-face!

Cost to smooth and repaint my HCHII? $1,400. Cost to repaint wife's HiHy? $740. Rights to rag on my wife until next July? Priceless!

Don

Old 12-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
Welllll.....

Not a TOTALLY new interior. After doing a careful butt-testing of the 06 compared to my 03, the seats are the same. (I actually prefer the HCH seats to the HAH seats - they're more..... "hugging." The Accord is more.... "Barcalounger.")

Quick Reply: Anyone have close to or over 100k miles HCH CVT?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands