Auto Stop not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Auto Stop not working

I've been driving my new HCH2 for a couple of weeks now and there've been no problems at all. This evening, though, the auto-stop has decided not to work. Both trips to and from the office, 60+ degrees and raining, it refused to function. The drive is 17 miles each way and the AS usually starts to work after I've been driving for about 1 mile. I've not been riding the brakes or using the AC/Defog or heater.
Any ideas as to what might be going on and how to correct it? Thanks for your thoughts.

Old 05-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto Stop not working

I believe it is the dampness. Mine did the same thing today, for the first time. Its raining cats and dogs here in Ottawa.

Old 05-12-2006, 06:58 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Talking Re: Auto Stop not working

HyChi,

I've had the same problem a few times. Could be the humidity. One other thing that I've noticed. When you turn the car on, sometimes the AC is on and you don't know it. Turn the heater control on and then hit AC to make sure it says AC Off. I also learned by trial and error if you have the mode set to Floor and defrost the Auto Stop feature does not work. Hope this helps.
Good luck,

Old 05-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Interesting information Don.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes when air is directed to defrost your windshield the AC turns itself on and the autostop doesn't work.

You may drive around for weeks not knowing your AC is on, especially since there is no green light to warn you.

Annoying.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:36 AM
Enthusiast

Since it was so damp I did make sure that the Mode was set to Floor/Windscreen, but just to circulate the air. This is the way I've had it set since I got the car. When I checked the mode the AC did come on briefly, but then I turned it off. The AC was still off when I made my return trip home, but still no AS. I guess that for now I'll chalk it up to the rain. I can't imagine why that would be. I'll let you know how it goes today since the rain has stopped. Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 05-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Enthusiast

It's working again! I noticed that the window defogger was on (I thought I'd turned it off). So, even though I'd turned off the AC, it was still on. I should've remembered from my other Honda that the AC automatically comes on when the window defogger is selected. Once that was turned off the AS began to function again. Thanks for the advice, friends!

Old 05-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast

Well today after wondering why my windows never seem to fog up with the rain we've been having and how I 'thought' the A/C was off, I pressed the AC button. Lo and behold that the LCD display cycled through A/C On, A/C Off, and nothing each time I pressed the A/C button. Yes I did read the book but...

I knew that the system did not make it obvious that the A/C could be on with no indication but I had no idea that to truly shut it off I have to have it say A/C Off by pressing the A/C button. I have been setting the vent to the floor vent thinking the A/C would never come on but over the last couple of months the compressor must have been kicking in without me knowing it at times.

I really wish this system was all manual like my '92 Accord. If I wanted the A/C on, I pressed the A/C button and it lit up green. I could direct air to any vents without the compressor automatically going on. Simple and intuitive, what a concept.