Ca hov sticker extension - to july 2011!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Ca hov sticker extension - to july 2011!!!!

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCBS) Life in the carpool lane is going to last an extra six months for thousands of Bay Area hybrid drivers.
If you drive a Prius or a hybrid Honda with yellow carpool stickers, you get to use the HOV lanes, even when you’re driving solo.

85,000 California commuters do it. But that program is nearing the end, says State Senator Leland Yee of San Francisco.

“The yellow stickers expire at the end of 2010. We’re going to extend that for another six months,” said Yee.
The Assembly has voted 64-8 to let hybrids stay in the carpool lane until July 2011.
And the white stickers, which apply to super ultra-low emission vehicles, such as plug-in hybrids, fully electric cars and hydrogen-powered ones would be extended until 2015, in an effort to persuade Californians to trade up to that next generation of green cars.
“What we’re trying to do is use these HOV lanes to really help incentivize our economy and also our air and environment,” said Yee.
The State senate and the governor are expected to go along with the plan.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ca hov sticker extension - to july 2011!!!!

AWESOME!!!!

Can I get a "Yee Haw". (get it, "YEE" haw)

Old 07-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

Is that only for the Bay Area only or for all of California ?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:00 AM
In love with my HCH

It should be all of CA.

But the ARB site hasn't updated yet... hopefully the official records at the CHP at are to date...

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

Old 08-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Enthusiast

I already have HOV sticker when I bought my '05 HCH in 2006. How do I know the expiration date for that? Don't they suppose to send me a notice before it gets expired?

Old 08-05-2010, 05:19 PM
In love with my HCH

I've never received a notice. However, the link I posted above has the official expiration dates, so check there to see if there are updates.

The DMV also has an equivalent page, but it doesn't seem to be updated as frequently. However, I'm sure if there are final approvals/votes for an extension, it will be updated also.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

YES!

But I can't figure out whether it's truly a 'done deal' just yet. The article states that they expect the governor and senate to pass. That was written 6.29.

Does anyone know whether it passed, or is that an 8/10 vote??

Thanks,
Lansing

Old 08-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Here is a link to the bill.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/..._sen_comm.html

Old 08-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grimbergen
It should be all of CA.

But the ARB site hasn't updated yet... hopefully the official records at the CHP at are to date...

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

Some of you are misinformed. There is no extension of carpool lane use for Yellow stickers yet.

Yellow Clean Air Vehicle Stickers were limited to the first 85,000 applicants of qualifying hybrids. This limit has been reached and there will be no more yellow stickers issued. Yellow stickers issued to date are set to expire on December 31, 2010, however, pending legislation (SB 535) may extend the use of existing yellow stickers until July 1, 2011.

If you read the SB 535 bill, it says the hearing date will be August 10, 2010 (Tuesday).

Fingers crossed, but don't hold your breathe. There really is no reason "regular" hybrid stickers should be extended. They have done there job in promoting the sales of hybrids. GM, the sponsor of the bill is trying to squeeze Plug-in Hybrids (Volt) into the realm, since it doesn't qualify for the White sticker since it uses gasoline.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ca hov sticker extension - Approved???

Originally Posted by mt3c
Some of you are misinformed. There is no extension of carpool lane use for Yellow stickers yet.

Yellow Clean Air Vehicle Stickers were limited to the first 85,000 applicants of qualifying hybrids. This limit has been reached and there will be no more yellow stickers issued. Yellow stickers issued to date are set to expire on December 31, 2010, however, pending legislation (SB 535) may extend the use of existing yellow stickers until July 1, 2011.

If you read the SB 535 bill, it says the hearing date will be August 10, 2010 (Tuesday).

Fingers crossed, but don't hold your breathe. There really is no reason "regular" hybrid stickers should be extended. They have done there job in promoting the sales of hybrids. GM, the sponsor of the bill is trying to squeeze Plug-in Hybrids (Volt) into the realm, since it doesn't qualify for the White sticker since it uses gasoline.
I did a search on the web today and haven't yet found how this went (since the hearing date was 8/10).

Anyone????

Thanks,
Lansing

Quick Reply: Ca hov sticker extension - to july 2011!!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands