Civic CVT top speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

As does my driver's side mirror.

Old 12-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've gone from PA to NH (350 miles) in 4.5hrs. Including stopping for tolls and one rest stop (10 min). I think I went over 100mph a couple of times just to see if it could. Anyway, my worst mpg to date... 37mpg, but 4.5 hours!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Civic CVT top speed

FYI the manual indicates that the top speed by limiter is set to 112.5mph

The engine will start to limit once you near that mark.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by arbittan
FYI the manual indicates that the top speed by limiter is set to 112.5mph

The engine will start to limit once you near that mark.
I know my 06 Civic EX R-18, 5MT was speed limited at 127 mph as was our 05 Accord 14, 5AT. I know both would hit the mark then go no faster. And got there with in reason on a closed course. My current Mazda3 is limited to 117 mph.

I honestly can't see the wifes HCHII getting to 112 mph unless it was thrown out of a cargo plane at 30k feet. It is without a doubt the single most slowest modern car I've ever driven. It reminds me of a turtle with only two legs slow.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
Wow that's great MPG for those conditions with your new car!

BTW welcome to greenhybrid.com and thanks for the MPG info on the bike.
I always thought those got 3-digit MPG readings but I've never owned one.

I'm not sure of the HCH top speed, since I've owned mine I've stopped my old habit of 85-90MPH commute to work :wacko:
No, sport bikes can get terrible mileage if you really ride them. Those engines are made to pack as much power as possible into the smallest package, and efficiency is not a concern at all, especially since it's mostly counter to the first goal. The big twins are a bit better, but not really. I got mid-thirties on an 1100 Shadow I had for a couple years.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by psyshack
I honestly can't see the wifes HCHII getting to 112 mph unless it was thrown out of a cargo plane at 30k feet. It is without a doubt the single most slowest modern car I've ever driven. It reminds me of a turtle with only two legs slow.
haha!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Civic CVT top speed

Originally Posted by psyshack
It is without a doubt the single most slowest modern car I've ever driven.
The HCHII will do 0-60 in 10.9 seconds with a charged battery. That's within the range of many cars in its class.

I've owned and raced many of the fastest cars, and I've also owned sloths. The notion that 'speed equals fun' escapes me. I much prefer the challenge of wringing the best performance out of a slower car than to mindlessly applying full throttle to a beast.

When economy is the focus of the car, by design, there's not much point to over-criticism of power tradeoffs, IMHO. Many of us enjoy the slow lane and don't mind arriving 30 seconds late to our destinations.

Last edited by stevenvillatoro; 06-01-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

My father has a 2005 HCH with CVT and I have topped it out at 112mph on a slight downgrade. I easily hit that speed but it seemed to be governed at that point. I have hit 107mph in my 2005 prius with is the limiter and 130mph in my friends 2005 4cyl accord ex.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
The HCHII will do 0-60 in 10.9 seconds with a charged battery. That's within the range of many cars in its class.

I've owned and raced many of the fastest cars, and I've also owned sloths. The notion that 'speed equals fun' escapes me. I much prefer the challenge of wringing the best performance out of a slower car than to mindlessly applying full throttle to a beast.

When economy is the focus of the car, by design, there's not much point to over-criticism of power tradeoffs, IMHO. Many of us enjoy the slow lane and don't mind arriving 30 seconds late to our destinations.
The Civic went 114 miles today for 58 mpg. Got to get the Honda goop out of the crank case bad.

The wife and my ruts go different ways tomorrow. So I get to drive my Mazda3. While mpg can be had in the HCHII. Fun can be had in the MZ3 with mpg also.

It's all in the way that you do it.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:02 AM

To answer spinner's question: It is roughly 1340.23 ft/sec

Quick Reply: Civic CVT top speed

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands