Got Battery ?

Old 02-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Got Battery ?

Battery died this weekend. I may have lerft some interior lights on, but I am not admitting it. Anyway, I went to the usual auto stores on the weekend and not surprisingly they did not have a battery that would work.

I figured that I would have no problem getting one at the dealer since the model has been out over a year now. Started calling dealers on Monday morning. First three had none in stock. A little panic started to set in. Called a fourth dealer and they had 2 available. It was covered under warranty, but the dealer required me to have the car towed which was a little bit of a pain.

Moral of the story..... don't get old and forgetful or buy an extra battery if you can find one.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Got Battery ?

Would the battery not take a charge? Did you try jump starting the car. One total discharge should not kill a battery!

Old 02-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Nobody could get it to jump and the guys at the auto store said that their equipment could not charge it (don't ask me why). At that point I figured I might as well just waste a few hours and get a free battery.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 AM

That is strange!!! Must be very poor quality battery's. It probably was never used to start the car? Good thing they have a good warranty How is the weather down there at this time? I'm heading down with the Mtr. Home for a month of sun!, I hope.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
That is strange!!! Must be very poor quality battery's. It probably was never used to start the car? Good thing they have a good warranty How is the weather down there at this time? I'm heading down with the Mtr. Home for a month of sun!, I hope.
This past week had a couple days of rain then a few days in the 70s. Looks like rain will be back for the weekend. If you are here for a month you should get some good weather - we've probably already gotten our quota of rain for the year .

Old 02-21-2007, 05:05 PM

I don't see why you couldn't get it to jump. That's bad news! My dad's car battery died this weekend, and I was able to use my HCH to jump his car- if it works one way, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work the other way around. Can anyone? Anyway- Very odd.

Best of luck with the new battery! Sounds like it was a pain, but probably not a major defect in the car that the rest of us need to fret about much.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Enthusiast

always trickle charge (2 amp charge over night) the battery after something like that happens. that battery should still be good.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have 2 , 03 HCH's. One personal and one government issued. The battery in my work HCH died at about 10,000 miles and did take a jump start, but I replaced the battery anyway.

My personal HCH has had the original battery in it since day one and just turned 120,000 miles.

OH GREAT! Now I just jinxed myself