HCH Security System Install

Old 05-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default UPDATE--HCH Security System Install

I posted the question below abd got no response, so I assumed not many had added this system. I put it in yesterday and thought I would ley ya'll know that it went very smoothly. You hae to take osme covers off and drill a small hole for the LED that tells you the system is armed. Other than that it is a simple install. I did not even disconnect the battery since the connectors are so well made

(I do not advocate this course of action. You should follwo the directions and disconnect the battery before doing the install. I am just lazy and rolled te dice)

The system work great and I am very happy. Fairly inexpensive upgrade. I boiught the part for $99.00.

Clay

I am going to install the Honda security system. After reading the instructions, I have a question about the ECU idle learn procedure. If anyone has done this, I have a question.

You start the engine and run it at 3k rpm until the fan comes on. Then you let it idle for 5 minutes. The instructions say that if the radiator fan is on, not to count the time it is running in the 5 minutes.

My questions:

We ran the engine in step 1 until the fan starts to run. When you drop back to idle does the fan then turn off. Seems like if it were hot outside, as it is now, the fan would keep running and you could never complete the procedure.

Is there anything else I need to worry about ?

Thanks for the help.

Clay

Last edited by clayk; 05-25-2005 at 06:57 AM. Reason: New Information