THe HCH2 Standard Alarm

Old 02-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default THe HCH2 Standard Alarm

Is there a motion sensor standard?

I have a friend who is about to buy a new HCH2 but she wants the alarm disconnected because she hates those screaming false alarms.

What makes the standard alarm go off?

Old 02-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: THe HCH2 Standard Alarm

The stock alarm comes with a security system that will go off only if the car door is opened. The intruder could break the window and enter the car that way and the alarm would not go off. Or the car could be towed away and disassembled at another location.

There are companies that offer complementary security that works with the stock system for shock.

I paid for the extra alarm and adjusted the sensitivity for my own personal taste. The alarm has only gone off 2x since I've parked it, and I think it was because of the location in the garage where I parked my vehicle.

My motion sensor will chirp 5x if you bump the car mildly and 1 minute if you hit the car with too much force.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi chesleyn - i'm supposed to get the upgraded alarm and it sounds like you have done it already. did you get the alarm installed at the honda dealership? if so, what did they do? did they install some new equipment that required tearing apart the dash and/or drilling into the interior? if so, i don't think i'll want the alarm. the dealership told me that all the service department has to do is go up underneath the car and connect some wires. they said they wouldn't have to open the dash at all. they did say that a new light would be installed somewhere but couldn't tell me where. i don't know if i want another security light as there is alread one on the instrument panel and another in the nav system. thoughts?

cheers,
neil

Old 02-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, I believe they removed the cover beneath the steering wheel. They put in the motion sensor. My light and switch utilize the already installed valet instrument to the lower left beneath the steering wheel. The whole procedure did not take that long, maybe 3 hours with window tinting. Nothing added to the interior.