Lo-Jack Early Warning System

Old 06-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Lo-Jack Early Warning System

I picked up the keys and drove the HCH-II Mag Pearl today. I got the Lo-Jack installed with the early warning system. But the manual says that there is a key pass that I need to keep with me when starting the ignition. All I have are the two keys that Honda gave me with the car, but are those the same as the key pass for the Lo-Jack or are they two different things? If so, then I'll have to contact Honda tomorrow and have them sent to me before I activate the service.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lo-Jack Early Warning System

didn't you get a valet key? it should be grey with out the keyless functions. you should have gotten 3 keys...2 with keyless entry and one valet.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, I got those three. Do the two of the three also work as the key pass for the Lo-Jack early warning system?

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just spoke with the Dealer, there were supposed to be two seperate keys and since I've torn the car apart up and down multiple times looking for them (little small quarter looking disks) I have to take it back to them and they have to replace the lo-jack system and the early warning system. Yikes! But they've never seen an early warning system before so they didn't know to go over it on the check-off list with me.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-26-2006, 11:00 AM

We have the Lo-Jack with the early warning system.

You should have the Honda key with the remote buttons and they should have given you a LoJack key fob. It's sort of pear-shaped with no buttons and one small red LED sticking up. I'll post a picture when I get home tonight.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

My wife found the lo-jack key pass in the passenger seat between the back rest and seat. I didn't look there because in my truck it would have fallen to the ground but in this car it gets trapped.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-26-2006, 05:17 PM

Well, just in case anyone's wondering what it looks like: