Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Navigation System

Greetings,

First question: What navigation system does the 2006 Civic Hybrid use? I would like to find out more information about it: features, capabilities, potential add-ons, etc. I am unable to find any information about what system it actually is or any specific details.

Second question: I am interested in an after-market Navigation system, the Pioneer AVIC-Z1. Seems quite to my liking, though the D2 looks capable, also. In any case, does it replace the navigation system standard with the Civic NAV? Can it be installed on a vehicle without the NAV installed? How does it affect the Honday warranty if I have it installed after-market?

Third question: the AVIC-Z1 states that it integrates into the vehicles internal information and dynamically monitors the mileage, rpm, temperature, altitude, and other things. Would that include the Hondy Civic?

Actually, this is interesting. Since I am trying to get a good setup for recording my driving (for accident-honesty reasons since most people on the road will lie if they think it'll get them out of trouble) this would be optimal because it has video-out so I can record the break, lights, speed, and everything along with the front-rear views.

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by shawnb; 05-02-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navigation System

Originally Posted by shawnb
First question: What navigation system does the 2006 Civic Hybrid use? I would like to find out more information about it: features, capabilities, potential add-ons, etc. I am unable to find any information about what system it actually is or any specific details.
Honda doesn't give out specific details, even to those of us who bought it. It's an Alpine system, but doesn't use the Ai-Net or M-Bus connector pinout. There's one unused socket on the back of it, but I haven't a clue what it's for (Bluetooth module interface? Firmware access? Testing?).

I had mine out when I installed the iPod adapter, and there really aren't any labels on it.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:25 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

You can check my thread: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ooth.6660.html
to answer some of your question.

Originally Posted by shawnb
Greetings,

Second question: I am interested in an after-market Navigation system, the Pioneer AVIC-Z1. Seems quite to my liking, though the D2 looks capable, also. In any case, does it replace the navigation system standard with the Civic NAV? Can it be installed on a vehicle without the NAV installed? How does it affect the Honday warranty if I have it installed after-market?

Third question: the AVIC-Z1 states that it integrates into the vehicles internal information and dynamically monitors the mileage, rpm, temperature, altitude, and other things. Would that include the Hondy Civic?

Actually, this is interesting. Since I am trying to get a good setup for recording my driving (for accident-honesty reasons since most people on the road will lie if they think it'll get them out of trouble) this would be optimal because it has video-out so I can record the break, lights, speed, and everything along with the front-rear views.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Enthusiast

I just got my new Honda Civic Hybrid with Navigation. I was looking throught the list of Voice commands and I cannot get the "Display A/C Screen" voice command to work. Is it not available on the car?

Old 05-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tryskoski
I just got my new Honda Civic Hybrid with Navigation. I was looking throught the list of Voice commands and I cannot get the "Display A/C Screen" voice command to work. Is it not available on the car?

you can't bring up an a/c screen - there isn't any climate control screen built into the navigation system. you can however say "temperature 72" or "temperature up" and it will set the temperature. you can also say things like "air conditioning on/off", "defrost", etc. so you can set most of the climate controls by voice. take a look at the handy quick reference guide that came with the car and you'll see a list of the most useful voice commands.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:37 PM

As far as I know, there wasn't an A/C screen in the software. Does the manual say there is ????

Old 05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast

I was just looking in the back of the Navigation Manual and it says theres a voice command "Display A/C Screen".

Old 05-03-2006, 02:20 AM

Yeah, the manual says it's there, but it doesn't work. Makes sense, though, since the climate control isn't integrated.