Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Joe Go Slow!
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

I just discovered this thread, and I'm thrilled. I had to replace my tires at 18k miles due to uneven wear that became very noticable after a rotation. They're starting to do it again now around 37k. I'm certainly going to bring this issue up with the dealer. Thanks for all the great info!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:38 PM
hypermiler wannabe
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

This is the middle of three weeks waiting for my control arms to come in. The dealer said they were doing 'quite a few' civics and the parts are on back order.

Has anyone else around the country had to wait more than a few days because the parts were out of stock? (I live in Middle TN)

I'm curious if I should start fussing yet or not?

Old 06-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Got mine done Monday. Decision was made at the dealership and it was done in one day (along with a recall and oil change). No waiting for parts.

This is in Omaha, NE.

I should note is was Superior Honda -- I recommend them.

nf

Old 06-18-2008, 08:08 AM
hypermiler wannabe

Originally Posted by noflash
Got mine done Monday. Decision was made at the dealership and it was done in one day (along with a recall and oil change). No waiting for parts.
Thanks Flash, no one else seems to wait for long...
I have to drive 22 miles and juggle 3 kids to drop-off/pickup cars, so it takes some planning. I can't just 'pop-in' and get things done.
So, I think it's time for a phone call.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:37 PM
iSteve

Honda Australia have sent me a letter stating that there have been no changes to the suspension specifications between 2006 and 2008 Models and are still claiming that the TSB and recalls are not relevant to Australian models.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve
Honda Australia have sent me a letter stating that there have been no changes to the suspension specifications between 2006 and 2008 Models and are still claiming that the TSB and recalls are not relevant to Australian models.
That could be true, I think all Austrailian suspensions are installed upsidedown...

So sorry, I couldn't help it...

Old 06-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Enthusiast

Mine was replaced with minimal hassle at Don Wessel Honda in Springfield, MO. Just told them that it felt loose in the back end and a little noisy. Definitely drives better with the fix!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast

I had my upper control panel arms replaced on my 07 civic last week. I crawled under to verify this was done, and I noticed that I had what appeared to be an "A" stamped on mine...not a "C" like everyone else. This has me a little concerned, but before I call the dealer I want to find out if this is something new?

Old 06-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Tim, I don't know what to make of that, I have not crawled around on the garage floor (too old to be that limber ) but I have noticed a marked decrease in noise and vibration so I am presuming it was fixed right...Have you had a decrease in the noise & vibration?

Old 06-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast

I had a similar experience- the new control arm was stamped with an "A", not a "C". Iti is clearly brand new on the car.

AME21 and then an "A" was stamped onthe arm.

Quick Reply: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands