Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

My HCH '07 has 76k and I'm due for my 3rd set of tires already. I've always had issues with vibration and rapid/abnormal tire wear and every time I go in for service I explain to the tech and asked if they can look into it. They've always addressed it that I need balanced, alignment or new tires. So, I've spent much $$ balancing, aligning, and getting new tires. With the first set of tires I ended up with a flat and then discovered they were all totally bald (around 20k). I feel like the dealership should've let me know about the rear control arm issue then. Isn't that one of the advantages of getting service done at the dealer? About 2 months ago when I was last in I again complained about the vibration and noise. They reported to me that my tires were abnormally worn and all I could do about it would be to get new tires even though I had at least a few thousand miles left on the tread.

I just recently found out about the service bulletin, and went into the dealer today to see what they could do. Like others have said, they told me that they couldn't do anything since I was out of warranty. I questioned him a bit further with no luck. He kept pointing to the tire compensation grid, and I kept saying how I'm not trying to get my tires replaced, just the arms.

Then I called Honda America to explain my situation and they again gave the same response about being out of warranty. He said all I can do is file it as a complaint. It's so frustrating that they don't make this a recall! The only thing I feel I can do now is sell the car and vow to never buy a Honda again. What a disappointment Honda has been.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

Class action Lawsuit for the rear upper control arm defect here!

http://www.honda-lawsuit.com

info for the lawsuit here:

http://www.honda-lawsuit.com/Complai...CoverSheet.pdf

Old 03-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Enthusiast

Honda won't fix my defective car that they sold me. I have been to a few dealers and filed a complaint with American Honda. They refuse to fix it at their expense. This is the second Honda I have bought, and the last Honda I will ever buy and I encourage you to tell all of your friends and families about all of the problems you have had with your civic. It's not just this control arm, it's the 6 sun visors I have replaced, and much more. I know I have personally discouraged over 300 people from buying a honda after telling them of all of the problems with my car. I don't know how much profit honda makes on a car but if they made 10k profit on a car and I discoraged 300 people from buying one, Honda just lost 3 million dollars ($10,000 x 300) because they refused to fix this defective car they sold me.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Enthusiast

Question
The Dealerships that are not willing to do the repair without charging. Why?

Are dealerships reimbursed by Honda for the parts and labor??? or do they do the repairs out of good will??

Thanks in advance
Jim

Old 06-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Enthusiast

The dealerships I called said that they have no recourse since the warranty is up unless you bought the extended warranty. They also said that there is a number in the Owner's Manual you can use to contact Honda directly.
Guess I'm out of luck.
Really sucks. Will never buy a Honda again!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Enthusiast

Did anything ever come of this Class Action Suite???

Thanks
Jim

Originally Posted by SSR EX-C
Class action Lawsuit for the rear upper control arm defect here!

http://www.honda-lawsuit.com

info for the lawsuit here:

http://www.honda-lawsuit.com/Complai...CoverSheet.pdf

Old 10-25-2015, 11:54 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

Hi, has anyone received any updates on the lawsuit?

I sent in the necessary paper work when i initially received the Honda Civic Tire Wear Settlement Class Action Notice, but I cannot remember if I took my car in to my local dealership to have the upper control arm replaced.. :/

Has anyone has any experience with the Santa Barbara/Goleta location?