Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

Sorry, by "actual TSB" I mean when one can come in and get it fixed at any Honda dealer without the service writer "never hearing of this before," or without civic owners being given a hard time with it. Which seems to be happening to people long after Honda knew of it.

And yes they do use pro-ration, which is my point. It would have been nice if Honda had admitted their mistake last year when I/we could have gotten compensated for some of the tires' cost instead of rolling past the pro-ration limit.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

Originally Posted by konrod
Sorry, by "actual TSB" I mean when one can come in and get it fixed at any Honda dealer without the service writer "never hearing of this before," or without civic owners being given a hard time with it. Which seems to be happening to people long after Honda knew of it.
I think that will only happen if/when a recall is announced.

Hardin Honda added to the list.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:35 AM
Enthusiast

What has my goat is that EVEN AFTER Honda Japan has a new part produced (it takes some time, I am told) and a service bulletin is authored (which speaks directly to the complaints and problems), Dealers STILL put the owners through a hard time--using horribly insulting and disrespectful lines. This is incredible.
A recent survey reports that 20% of Americans think the sun travels around the earth (see the sun rise!). So I guess we are taken for bozos by the people in the know.
Sorry for the venting.
--Peterg

Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 AM
Enthusiast

Regarding the question that has come up with regards to 2008 Civics needing the arms... I have a 2008 HCH that, according to the sticker in the driver's door jam, was manufactured in 11/07. My rear upper control arms do not have a "C" stamped on them. When I visited my dealer for an alignment check, I ended up speaking with the service manager, as well as a Honda rep that was visiting that day. I was told that all 2008 Civics have the correct arms from the assembly line. At some point we put the car up on a lift to read the part numbers off of the arms, but it turns out they are just the following "engineering" numbers:

Right - KV22S1 0055
Left - KV23S1 0052

The Honda rep said that he would have someone cross reference the numbers to determine if they are the new arms or not. I didn't hear anything from my dealer for a couple of days, so I called to follow-up and was eventually told that they are the correct arms. However, I have personally inspected three other 2008 Civics with higher VINs than mine, two hybrids and one EX, that were produced in 01/08, 02/08 and 03/08 respectively, and they all have "C" and different numbers than mine painted on their rear upper control arms. So, I'm still skeptical of the answer that I received. I haven't discussed these findings with my dealer yet.

Since I am experiencing rear-end undulation on bumpy roads/speed bumps and what sounds like more road noise from the rear than I would expect, I think that the only way to make sure that I have the correct arms is to either get the alignment checked for excessive rear negative camber, or just have the arms swapped out and an alignment performed per the TSB. We'll see how it goes with my dealer...

Last edited by larryka; 03-15-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:01 PM
iSteve

I have been noticing the road noise getting louder over the past months, thanks to this thread I checked my tires and the rears are Cactus the fronts are ok, 60ks on the car I'll be at the dealership tomorow to start the procces but be in Australia I'm hoping that this has been identified here, I'll take this thread with me. ill try and post pics

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z.../IMAGE_006.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z.../IMAGE_007.jpg

Steve

Last edited by Steve; 03-15-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

We can see the control arm--no white "C" there.
You might want to print out the pictures of the new control arms at the beginning of this thread. I am curious to know how the dealers Down Under react to your concerns. Please let us know.

--Peterg

Old 03-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the list. I was going to try the San Tan dealership since they just moved to a new location but now I think I will just go to the same dealer I have been going to even though it is a little bit farther.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:11 PM
iSteve

I went to my local dealeer this morning and discussed the replacement of the rear control arms and mentioned the TSB , he said that it doesnt matter what other countries do it doesnt apply to Australia, I got the Number for Honda Australia and sent them an email with pics and the TSB, they said theyd get back to me today , but still no call.

looks like a follow call tomorrow.

Steve

Old 03-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm sorry Steve. Please keep us updated though. If worst comes to worst, you can just buy the corrected control arms. If they do end up coming out with a recall or TSB in Australia, they will (or at least should) reimburse you.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Took the print out of the TSB to the Honda Dealer today. They knew all about it, where processing the work for a car at the time I pulled up, and said " When do you want to bring the car in." Scheduled for this Thursday morning with a free loaner.

Assuming everything goes well, John Eagle Honda in Houston would be added to the good dealer list.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands