Paint problems on 2007 HCH?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Paint problems on 2007 HCH?

We washed my wife's 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid this weeked, using ArmourAll Car Wash Soap, for the first time.
When we were drying it, we noticed that what appears to be the clear coat is peeling off the edges of the hood. Curles of transparent stuff - plastic and pliant - lifting from the edge of the hood.

She's taking it back to the dealer, again. Two days after buying it, she noticed the paint was flaking off the "running board" under the doors.

Anyone else seen this? I do note the thread about the boot lid and spoiler paint chipping.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Paint problems on 2007 HCH?

around the hood it is probably remnants of the skin that these come covered in when they ride the boat over. It is the dealers responsibility to remove this, but some will not take much time in doing so and it is a pain to get it all off.

I would take it back to the dealer and make sure they remove it all, they changed it recently, but in 2005 it was blue and really ugly so you could see it and remove it pretty easily, the new clear stuff is even tougher to remove and still harder to see it all.

As for under the rocker panel, there is some protective spray down there that they paint over, it will have a rough texture. That is ok, any other flaking or chipping is not.