Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Satellite Radio

Maybe this has been talked about before, can't get the search to work but has anyone put in Sirius or XM radio. If you have what did you put in, a new head unit or a plug and play unit? Just wondering as my drive is quite long and I've started to hear the same songs on my Ipod over and over. Thanks for any help. Kevin

Old 04-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Master Commander
Default Re: Satellite Radio

Hey Texashchman,

I got XM Satelitte Radio installed into my 2005 HCH and I have to say that I have no clue how I ever got along without it. Everything put together was a little pricer than what I thought when I started. It was $119.99 for the Delphi Skyfi2 unit, $50 for the car kit, $25 for the FM amplifer, and another $25 for the headunit holder. I bought this from Circuit City because of free install, which now I know was a mistake, but I don't think about that now. You can go to Best Buy and get all this stuff done for free and $10 cheaper or go online and get everything a lot cheaper and install it yourself. You do not need to get the FM amplifier, but it helps a lot when you are in a place with lots of radio signals that might otherwise hinder your crystal clear sound (Listen to see if there is no signal on 88s FM or 107s FM). Also, when getting the car kit you get a headunit holder, but there are other options like the the cup holder or the stand that will attach to your dash. I got the cup holder since it fits nicely there mainly because I didn't need to drill any holes into the car. Anyways, overall a little pricey, but all worth it. I think Sirius is pretty much the same and now monthly prices are about the same. XM recently came out with an ipod like version that can work in your car just the same and you could use it like an ipod. I don't know what that is like, but it is a little pricier, but you get the mobility that you do not get with the skyfi units. I heard there were reception problems with it and you couldn't fast forward so I would do your own research. Anyways, talking too much. Hope I helped. Definitely get Sirius or XM though. Great stuff, I'm excited!

Last edited by Kangeroo82; 04-10-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Site Founder

Sorry. Apparently I broke the search feature when I was messing with the new Share section. Should be fixed now.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Thanks Jason!