Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

I want to plug my HCH into a windmill....!!!

Old 01-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default I want to plug my HCH into a windmill....!!!

I want to figure out how to plug my HCH into a windmill like this one guys apparently does:

"Some drivers, including Kroushl, are going even further: adding battery capacity — and a plug. The hoped for result: a high-tech commuting car that plugs into a socket at night and gets amazing gas mileage the next day.

In effect, these backyard mechanics have turned the hybrid car's appeal on its head. Instead of emphasizing gasoline over electric power and the convenience of today's cars, they're aiming to create less polluting higher-mileage vehicles that emphasize electricity over gasoline — even if it's a bit less convenient.

"One guy I know plugs his Honda hybrid into a windmill for power," Kroushl says. "It costs him practically nothing to drive."

Entire article here:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/te...-hybrids_x.htm