Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Classic Prius Owner Intro

Old 11-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Enthusiast
Default Classic Prius Owner Intro

Hi.

I have owned my Classic 02 Prius since Jan. 2002 and love it. I had met some Chicago area members of this group several months ago at the meetup in Schaumburg.

Statistics are:
Aqua Ice
45197 miles
Named "Lucy" for color reference to Beatles song Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds since she sparkles in the sunlight
License plate LES GAS 7

I have been very happy with my Prius. Had 1 problem around 25K with the main computer which was fixed under warranty, and now have identified a problem with the driver's window electric motor. I spent the money for the extended warranty so the motor will be replaced at minimal cost to me fortunately.

I live in Westmont, IL and am a systems analyst for a major teaching hospital in Chicago.

Glad to be part of this group.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Classic Prius Owner Intro

Welcome to GH, Claudia! Good to see you here. I hope you find enough of interest on the forum that you decide to come back and visit once in a while.
Best,
Leahbeatle

Old 11-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: Classic Prius Owner Intro

Welcome indeed!

I bought a used 03 Prius and have been very happy with it. When you get a chance, visit the Prius Forum and enjoy the FAQ. We're more than happy to discuss 'lessons learned.'

Originally Posted by Claudia Trapp
Hi.

I have owned my Classic 02 Prius since Jan. 2002 and love it. I had met some Chicago area members of this group several months ago at the meetup in Schaumburg.

Statistics are:
Aqua Ice
45197 miles
Named "Lucy" for color reference to Beatles song Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds since she sparkles in the sunlight
License plate LES GAS 7

I have been very happy with my Prius. Had 1 problem around 25K with the main computer which was fixed under warranty, and now have identified a problem with the driver's window electric motor. I spent the money for the extended warranty so the motor will be replaced at minimal cost to me fortunately.

I live in Westmont, IL and am a systems analyst for a major teaching hospital in Chicago.

Glad to be part of this group.
Do consider adding your vehicle to the mileage database. It is more for gaining awareness and testing some of the suggestions than anything else.

Bob Wilson