2006 FEH Buying Experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up 2006 FEH Buying Experience

Last Thursday I purchased my 2006 FEH. My FEH is titanium green with dark flint interior. I purchased the premium package which includes the CD/NAV system, and leather seats. My FEH is also equipped with the safety package and moonroof options. The MSRP was $32,690 which was consistent the KBB info I had researched.

The salesperson first told me there was a $4K premium on all FEH that must be added to the MSRP! I told the salesperson no way and walked out of the showroom. The salesperson called me at home and over the next several days we had several meetings. Bottom line was they sold the FEH to me for $30,220. Add $2,345 for California Sales Tax, $45 document preparation, $260 License Fee, $8 Calif Tire Recycle Fee and the out the door cost came to $32,879 dollars.

I did not buy the extended warranty as I opted to stay with the standard 36K warranty. The salesperson told me the battery is warrantied to 10 years in CA.

So far my FEH has lived up to all of my expectations. It really helps to take the KBB and Edmunds vehicle purchase research info with you. It levels the playing field as the buyer now has access to almost as much info as the seller. And of course the info I received from this site help too.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.
Default Re: 2006 FEH Buying Experience

Good work on your purchase, and welcome to GreenHybrid.com. We look forward to seeing your mileage data in the database soon!

Old 01-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Sounds like you've homework, and you've done well for yourself. Welcome to the club!

Enjoy and feel free to contribute and ask on how to get the most out of your new baby.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Enthusiast

Hi all, I've been lurking for the last week or so (after doing some research before our purchase), and thought I'd share our buying info. We got a new 2005 FEH this past week (Jan. 2). MSRP for ours was $30,600, and the dealer was selling it for $26,990. It has all the upgrades, so we were pretty excited to find one for that price. For people looking, if you can find an '05, you might be able to find a good price on it.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Enthusiast

Sounds like you got a really good deal. I looked around for 05 FEH, but I couldn't find any in my area.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

HI All,

I ordered an '06 yesterday. I wanted a configuration that was not available in stock, so I have to wait 6-8 weeks for mine. Who would have thought no one would want the appearance package (body color+silver bumpers/mouldings) with leather, moon roof and the nav package. Apparently not Ford! I will be away for most of that time so it would have sat in the airport parking lot most of the time anyway...

Cheers,

Roch

Old 01-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by rcomeau
HI All,

I ordered an '06 yesterday. I wanted a configuration that was not available in stock, so I have to wait 6-8 weeks for mine. Who would have thought no one would want the appearance package (body color+silver bumpers/mouldings) with leather, moon roof and the nav package. Apparently not Ford! I will be away for most of that time so it would have sat in the airport parking lot most of the time anyway...

Cheers,

Roch
Indeed. Ford can't seem to fathom someone wanting to get the bells and whistles, but not the appearance package. When I decided to get mine, I ended up having to have it built (which resulted in me getting an '06 rather than an '05, so bonus for me!), because I didn't want the appearance package, but pretty much everything else.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Enthusiast

This is why I simply opted to get my 2006 FEH in late November when I could. The dealer wanted to deal. I wanted to deal, and I'm glad. Got a decent trade-in and the "simple" pricing. Been about perfect thus far.

Have seen a few new ones on ebay if anyone is interested.

I once ordered a new vehicle and I would never do that again. Simply too much delay and aggravation.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Enthusiast

I just went through my first tank of gas. I averaged 31.9 mpg. I drive a 50% mixture of city and freeway driving. So far all is good as expected.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Enthusiast

Did any of you find that the salesmen were mostly clueless about the Hybrid? I talked circles around these guys and sent them packing for their spec books all day long. I also took advantage of the Simple Price plan which knocked off ~$1500, which was pretty good for a fairly basic model. I was a bit disappointed that they were unwilling to throw in rear mats, or really anything on the Hybrid. I was giving them greif as the girl in the office next to us got mudflaps, mats, cargo net & roll-up cover thrown-in on her '05 Escape V6. She must have bought the extended warranty! It was an easy sale but Ford didn't really work that hard to make it in my opinion. It would be a nice gesture if the guy who did the final check drive actually knew how the vehicle worked. I got tons of info from this site and one other that really helped and has really boosted my ability to get the most out of the FEH.

Quick Reply: 2006 FEH Buying Experience

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands