2007 FEH navigation/display problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 02:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 FEH navigation/display problem

I took my 2007 FEH overseas (western europe) when i moved. The navigation system would not recognize the location once I turned the car on, as the Nav system does not support Europe (only US/Can discs). I called Ford and Navteq for maps for the FEH Nav system, but after lots of pointing to eachother, I found no luck. Then, somewhat desperate, I downloaded Ford navigation map updates from the internet for Europe which I loaded in the CD slot. The display went blank and has since then not worked anymore.

The current status is: radio works, CD-changer works, display does not work for any function (mileage, energy flow, radio channel, navigation... )... which makes operation of just the radio pretty difficult as you can imagine.

Calls to Ford support both in Europe and the US, nor Visteon (the OEM) have rendered nothing to date.

At this point, I'd be happy to just get the radio/hybrid display function back.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there any way to 'reset' the display? Is anyone aware of a local (european) repair center for visteon radios?

Thanks.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 FEH navigation/display problem

Hi,

I was wondering if you ever got your Nav problem resolved, as I am in a simular situation - I took my Ford Escape to Europe with me, and now have an useless piece of navigation equipment in the dashboard...

Old 05-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I assume you still own the original Nav Discs?

I thought one ( or more ) of them has a "boot" disc with software.
I know when I went from a 2004 set to a 2005 set there was "updated" firmware or software added.

There should definately be a way to reset the device, just figuring out how is the trick. Good Luck.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Enthusiast

Hi, thanks for the replies; no, still not resolved; i wish there would be a reset on this device but to date I have not found one. Inserting NAV discs doesn't seem to make the device do anything (I doubt whether the CD reader is even working; music CDs that used to work in the single CD slot -so not the 6disc changer- don't work anymore either).

Old 05-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by mauricem
Hi, thanks for the replies; no, still not resolved; i wish there would be a reset on this device but to date I have not found one. Inserting NAV discs doesn't seem to make the device do anything (I doubt whether the CD reader is even working; music CDs that used to work in the single CD slot -so not the 6disc changer- don't work anymore either).
If it can't read the single slot CD, that may be a big source of your problems. Unfortunately, the system is basically all wired together, the MPG display uses the NAV system to determine how far it's gone to calculate fuel, etc. Without using a proper CD to reprogram it back to defaults, you may be stuck that way.

If all else fails, there is a way to reset the FEH into thinking there is no NAV system, and you'd get the displays back on the message center in it's limited fashions. It does involve some re-wiring, but it could be better then nothing.