Bluetooth with Navi Radio...anyone? help!

Old 01-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Bluetooth with Navi Radio...anyone? help!

Took delivery of my 06 FEH yesterday, finally.

I say finally because of the trials and tribulations of getting a bluetooth phone system installed....

When I saw in the FEH catalog of options, something called...MOBILE EASE. I immediately knew I wanted it. Since I have been spoiled by my Prius, I definately wanted a hands free bluetooth phone connection.

I was excited to note that my Navi Radio by Visteon had a button with the picture of a telephone on it. I was further satisfied this was an option when reading the owners manual that explained the phone button on the radio was for a telephone (if equipped).

I asked my dealer to install "Mobile Ease." The parts dept confirmed I could have this installed in my car. They ordered the pieces, took apart my dashboard and started the installation. The install dragged on for 4 days, instead of the projected 1 hour. The master tech took ill, the rest of the parts dept never heard of mobile ease, and then finally, they realized that mobile ease is not compatible with the Navi head unit.

I am very disappointed and am surprised that the flagship head unit with a phone button on it, doesn't have an option for bluetooth or other phone connection.

Does anyone at all know of a bluetooth connectivity solution that pipes through the vehicle audio and mutes the stereo and allows for handsfree dialing?

Help.....a very spoiled Prius owner.

Old 01-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth with Navi Radio...anyone? help!

HI Mike -

You might take a look at a thread that is alread been started looking at about this same thing.

"NAV System & Bluetooth"