A/C Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default A/C Issue

Hi I'm new here and thought I would ask ya'll about my car since the dealership is clueless. My car is a 2008 FEH. I have an a/c issue that is not constant, just acts up whenever it wants. I live in So. Cal so our weather is not extreme. From time to time when I run the a/c (not in econ mode) it will not force the gas engine to stay on. So basically it is running like I have it in econ mode. So as I'm driving at 20mph+ a/c is fine, but when I stop at a light it shuts off as does the gas engine, again like it's in econ mode. Any ideas?

Another issue (which I know has been discussed on her soooooo many times unfortunately) is the "stop safely now". Has happened 3 times since 2010. My car has 58k miles. All the times it has happened I have either been in a parking lot or a housing tract. I'm so scared it will happen while I'm on the freeway though. Took it to the dealer this last time and they came back with no codes after a diagnostics test. It just happened again today and going strait to the dealer in hopes of a code showing up and it being able to get fixed. My question on this is if the MECS pump is what needs to be replaced, what are the chances this is going to continue?? I have such a love/hate relationship with this car. Also could these 2 situations be connected in some sort of way?

Thank you for taking the time to help out!

Old 06-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A/C Issue

When you actually encounter the SSN problem get up under the front passenger side of the bumper and see if the MECS pump is actually functioning or not. You can feel and hear it if you're up in there.

And there won't be a DTC set if that MECS pump is indeed the problem, which matches your results, so chances are good that is your problem.

The only time I ever got the SSN was due to a low 12v battery voltage (ie, the battery that cranks the starter motor), which apparently caused multiple systems to set codes simultaneously. No idea if my MECS pump was ever replaced, but it's very likely that system was affected during my 'brown out' and caused temps to spike, and hence show the SSN.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A/C Issue

The only way it would make financial sense is if the law firm can get the matter certified as a class action...that's where the money is. That's why they're "trolling" for "victims".