A/C problem appears to my ford escape 2005

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default A/C problem appears to my ford escape 2005

hello guys,
i think ford escape 2005 hybrid is a big trouble car, i really get sick of it because each day i had a new problem appears in the sky.

anyway,
my new problem is the A/C now,
some day i refill it with freon because the A/C is not cold as that much, so after that i discover that the rear A/C is not working, anyway i went to the technician aand fix everything but told me that the compressor is weak,

now when i drive the car, when the RPM is low, the A/C is blowing cold air but not that cold, and the freon pressure is stable,

but the problem now and that what make me sick

the car goes in EV drive - which is good- and the A/C cooling the battery good even the cabin is not cold but never mind,

when the battery get empty, and in EV mode the engine starts,

when the engine start and the A/C compressor start to cool the battery, appears a very loud kick from the front and i think from the A/c it self, a very noisy and loud sound, and thats when the A/C starts, then it disappear after a second,

its from the A/C compressor it self, but how can i fix it or know exactly what is it ???

please help me guys

Old 09-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A/C problem appears to my ford escape 2005

Could be a loose mount.
If you added freon without knowing precisely how much to put in you
could be hearing the compressor trying to compress liquid freon. not good.
If that's the case you should have the freon removed and a measured (proper)
amount added. Alternatively you could let out a little at a time and see if it helps.
you should see condensation on low pressure side. I think

Old 09-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

i know that my friend, and there is a valve that when there is more freon it just pull it out the compressor, any way i did get all the freon out and refill it again , with a a total pressure of 40 psi, which is the standered and recommended pressure,

and why thats not my problem now, its the loud noise comming from the compressor it self when starting the ICE engine and start cooling the battery when its recharging

please people help me before i burn the car

Old 09-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by sweidans
i know that my friend, and there is a valve that when there is more freon it just pull it out the compressor, any way i did get all the freon out and refill it again , with a a total pressure of 40 psi, which is the standered and recommended pressure,

and why thats not my problem now, its the loud noise comming from the compressor it self when starting the ICE engine and start cooling the battery when its recharging

please people help me before i burn the car
Not sure where your posting from but do you need to be licensed to evacuate a automotive A/C system? In the USA you do.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Exclamation Re: A/C problem appears to my ford escape 2005

Originally Posted by wptski
Not sure where your posting from but do you need to be licensed to evacuate a automotive A/C system? In the USA you do.
Post these such rules and regs please.
I am only aware that you need to be trained and 'certified' to use R12 and R22the real old fashioned "freon" than contains CFC's.

Anyone can buy, handle, use, etc... the "new" Refridgerant 134a which is what cars use today, including the FEH.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Post these such rules and regs please.
I am only aware that you need to be trained and 'certified' to use R12 and R22the real old fashioned "freon" than contains CFC's.

Anyone can buy, handle, use, etc... the "new" Refridgerant 134a which is what cars use today, including the FEH.
Look up EPA Section 608. I was wrong on the part about being licensed but you need to use the same epuipment as a licensed person.

California is proposing a law to ban the sales of 134a to DIY'rs.

Technician certification is not required for individuals removing refrigerant from small appliances, motor vehicle air conditioners, and motor vehicle-like air conditioners, when preparing them for disposal. However, the equipment used to recover refrigerant from appliances prior to their final disposal must meet the same performance standards as refrigerant recovery equipment used prior to servicing, Persons involved in the final disposal of appliances must certify to their EPA Regional Office that they have obtained and are properly using EPA certified refrigerant recovery equipment.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

1st of all thanks for ur replies,
anyway, the freon i talked about was handled by a technician but under my supervision, because i live in Jordan - middle east - and hybrid technology is still new and most of the technicians are training on customer's vehicles which = unneeded high cost + not sure to fix the error exactly,

so that im asking you here for problem i get in my car,

so lets return to the subject, which is the loud noise comming from the commpressor it self i think ?? what it should be ???

Old 09-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

any idea guys ??

Old 09-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sounds like it could only be the compressor then, if you have a piece of 3/8 pvc tubing put one end in your ear and the other end to the source of the noise. If it only makes noise when the clutch is activated
it would seem an internal fault with the compressor and it would need replacement. In case of this the system needs to be flushed and dryer replaced. Good luck friend, sorry for the bad news.
FYI the mechanics here frequently are the same, except for some factory certified

Old 09-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

i think its the compressor too, but the bad thing that you cant guess when this sound will initiate,
but the other thing, is there any possibility that it would be the electric engine has a fault ??? or may be the belt the connect the A/C with the engine need to be replaced ?? or the safety valve located on the compressor may fault ???

because ive checked the frreon pressure yesterday and it was very low ??

i think that this voice is related to the freon pressure in the compressor

can we discuss this please ??

Quick Reply: A/C problem appears to my ford escape 2005

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands