Originally Posted by kpdandjad
Does anyone know if the connector and Vss wire identification are the same for the 2008 NAV?
Don't know, but you can bypass the driving restrictions by following this:
1. Take vehicle outside and agree to nav instructions. The gps needs to know its position.
2. Push hard nav button (on right side of radio). Go to your address book. Pick any of one of your saved addresses. Now that address is highlighted, look to right and push soft edit button. You will now see name of saved address.
3. Clear name of saved address and type in F-DEVELOP ON
(make sure to put space between DEVELOP and ON).
4. Now look to the upper left corner and you will see the word ADDRESS. Place your finger directly under the A and hold. If you do this right, the screen should change to the map screen.
5. Now push your hard menu button (on left side of radio). Across top of radio push soft SECURITY button. You have now entered security screen. You will see nothing in the right most corner of nav screen. Push your finger and hold in that position till the screen changes.
6. You now have entered a parameter screen. Locate DRIVING RESTRICTIONS release. When you push the button it should change to driving restrictions stop. Exit the screen by pushing the soft BACK button.
7. Congrats you have just programmed your factory nav radio. NOTE: Every time you turn your vehicle off, you will need to repeat steps 5 & 6.