Changing Coolants?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Changing Coolants?

Originally Posted by econoline
Has anyone tried these coolant test strips? Supposedly measure the pH and tell you if the coolant needs to be replaced: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Seriuosly, just change your coolant. If yours is yellow, buy some Zerex G-05 (NAPA, Amazon.com) and a few gallons of distilled water.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:48 PM

Hey folks,

Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth for a while. Both my '05 and '06 are still running strong with no problems so there isn't much to talk about on here.

I still have the pdf files if anyone needs them - send your email address to my inbox and I will send them to you.

Hope all you old-time owners are doing well.

Ray

Old 02-13-2015, 05:28 AM
Enthusiast

Just new to the forum. Trying to find instructions on how to flush both coolant compartments for a Ford Escape Hybrid 2008 with 107,000 miles. The previous owner took the vehicle to the dealer for all maintenance schedules but they could not find out if the coolant was ever changed. Thank you.

Old 02-14-2015, 05:19 PM

Changing coolant is not a big deal. Note that after the initial coolant change interval the interval is shorter. Three years I think.When you do the MECS coolant be careful with the vent plug on the transaxle. it doesn't take a lot of torque to tighten it down properly.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:21 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the instructions. Does anybody has the step by step pdf file that I saw earlier in the beginning of the forum? Thank you.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doral1987
Thanks for the instructions. Does anybody has the step by step pdf file that I saw earlier in the beginning of the forum? Thank you.
I too would greatly appreciate it if someone can PM me a copy! Thanks so much!

Old 08-04-2016, 03:09 PM
Enthusiast

I would like the pdf on changing coolants in escape

Old 01-25-2020, 11:23 AM
Enthusiast

If anyone is still active, I would really appreciate the pdf on how to change the coolant for the engine and the electronics!
Thanks in advance.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:52 AM

PM me your email address and I'll send you the pdf. For some reason I cannot attach it to a post.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:22 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john8919
also looking to do the procedure please send the pdf as to where the bleed valve is
thanks
Did you ever get anything on where the bleeder valve is?

Quick Reply: Changing Coolants?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands