DVD Player / Nav System Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast
Question DVD Player / Nav System Question

Hello All.

I am curious if anyone has tried playing MP3s CDs from the in dash Nav CD/DVD player. In addition, will it play regular DVDs... with a hack perhaps?

Thanks,

mb2010

Old 07-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Early Adopter
Default Re: DVD Player / Nav System Question

Neither is supported. The Navigation system is CD based, not DVD based (they give you 10 CDs with all the maps on them) so DVD playing is out of the question.

Originally Posted by mb2010
Hello All.

I am curious if anyone has tried playing MP3s CDs from the in dash Nav CD/DVD player. In addition, will it play regular DVDs... with a hack perhaps?

Thanks,

mb2010

Old 07-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ah true, but if you notice they did include a DVD firmware line in the system information section. It is blank however. I would be interesting in seeing if there is a way to "hijack" the display so that it would accept input from a DVD player.

Chris Brown

Old 07-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Enthusiast

I am curious if anyone has tried playing MP3s CDs from the in dash Nav CD/DVD player.
I tried putting a MP3 CD in the drive the other day ... the CD wasn't recognized at all.

PLUS, when I put the NAV CD back in, the system wanted to update the firmware. No clue why.

david

Old 07-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just curious, what NAV CD are you using? A blue one (ver 1) or a green one (ver 2)? and what is the firmware version of your system now?

Originally Posted by dmgibbs
PLUS, when I put the NAV CD back in, the system wanted to update the firmware. No clue why.

david

Old 07-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Enthusiast
Post Re: DVD Player / Nav System Question

Thanks. I went on a long trip over the holiday weekend. The navigation system works great. However, the thing that annoyed me most was the "safety" feature that disables imputing information while driving. I was the passenger!!! Does anyone know how to fool the system to work around this?

How do you update the firmware anyway? I am using the blue CDs.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mppkll
Just curious, what NAV CD are you using? A blue one (ver 1) or a green one (ver 2)? and what is the firmware version of your system now?
The nav system version is 5.1.1.0 ... and I'm using the blue cd (2004 copyright & file dates).

david

Old 07-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Early Adopter

When you get a new set of disks, if there is firmware updates to be applied it's done automatically when you first install the new disk.

The Green and Blue disks both appear to have the same firmware and map versions on them.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:31 AM
HEV's are your friend

Originally Posted by cdbrow1
Ah true, but if you notice they did include a DVD firmware line in the system information section. It is blank however. I would be interesting in seeing if there is a way to "hijack" the display so that it would accept input from a DVD player.

Chris Brown

Anyone ever look into what the line is there for? I have been looking into adding a DVD player for the rear passengers, however with a sunroof its a bit of a tackle for some of the aftermarket units.

I wish someone would also development update kits to the head unit, similar to what people have done with the Prius. Obviously the prius has a larger following, however would still be equally cool :-)

Old 12-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks. I went on a long trip over the holiday weekend. The navigation system works great. However, the thing that annoyed me most was the "safety" feature that disables imputing information while driving. I was the passenger!!! Does anyone know how to fool the system to work around this?
An earlier thread addressed some users' attempts to put a switch in the speed sensor cable to fool the unit into thinking you were stopped. I've found that once you've entered a destination, it remains in the database and you can access it while you are moving. It's not much help if you're changing to a new destination on the fly, but it is useful once you've had your vehicle a while and have entered many of your common destinations.

Quick Reply: DVD Player / Nav System Question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands