electric throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default electric throttle body

took 08 feh to dealer today after getting stop safely now. got a code that the throttle body is the culprit. it's covered under warranty. anyone have this issue and was it resolved? my car is just shy of 60 miles amd im the only owner.

thanks

Old 06-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Default Re: electric throttle body

Originally Posted by lwlln26
took 08 feh to dealer today after getting stop safely now. got a code that the throttle body is the culprit. it's covered under warranty. anyone have this issue and was it resolved? my car is just shy of 60 miles amd im the only owner.

thanks
Are you confirming the dealer says it is covered under the emissions warranty?

Gary

Old 06-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lwlln26

thanks

Yes. See post 254 in this thread:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...0/index26.html

Old 06-04-2013, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by GatorJ
Hi GatorJ

I'm having what I think is the same problem with my '09 FEH. It was running great until I got gas and parked it in my driveway. Started it up the next morning and it ran bad and started missing and died. Got the SSN message also.

I was just confirming his dealer was using the emissions warranty for the repair. My Service advisor must be on vacation because I didn't get a call back. Called Roadside Assistance and they're coming to take my '09 FEH to my dealer this morning.

A buyer has offered me $18,000 site unseen for my '09 and wants to test drive it tomorrow from out of town. Hope the problem is solved before he gets here.

Gary

Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Hi GatorJ

I'm having what I think is the same problem with my '09 FEH. It was running great until I got gas and parked it in my driveway. Started it up the next morning and it ran bad and started missing and died. Got the SSN message also.

I was just confirming his dealer was using the emissions warranty for the repair. My Service advisor must be on vacation because I didn't get a call back. Called Roadside Assistance and they're coming to take my '09 FEH to my dealer this morning.

A buyer has offered me $18,000 site unseen for my '09 and wants to test drive it tomorrow from out of town. Hope the problem is solved before he gets here.

Gary

The TSP I quoted specifically stated the repair was covered by the emissions warranty. That TSB was for 05-08 model years. I haven't seen a TSB for 09, but I wasn't looking for one either. I did not replace my TB, we cleaned it with the appropriate cleaner and updated the computer. No problems since, but I've only had that one event ever.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by GatorJ
The TSP I quoted specifically stated the repair was covered by the emissions warranty. That TSB was for 05-08 model years. I haven't seen a TSB for 09, but I wasn't looking for one either. I did not replace my TB, we cleaned it with the appropriate cleaner and updated the computer. No problems since, but I've only had that one event ever.
Thanks Gator

Had my '09 FEH towed to my dealer and they reported the throttle body was fine. Number three cylinder was showing misfire on my SGII and the dealer confirmed what I had found. Turns out, they found a broken valve spring and have that part on order now. Looks like it's covered under the drivetrain warranty at no cost to me. I had called the Ford Roadside Assistance Program to have it towed to the dealer thinking it was covered under the Emissions Warranty, but I'll take it being covered for the tow under the Drivetrain Warranty if that's the case.

In all my years of working on cars, this is the first time I've heard of a valve spring breaking.

Gary