You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
I am a road warrior, who came in off the road long enought to trade my Mini Cooper for an 06 FEH 2X4. I hit the road again two days later with a 280 mile trip. My impressions so far:
1. Great fit, trim and detail versus other Fords I have owned.
2. Great price. X Plan & 0% financing didn't hurt.
3. MPG on first tank was 30.85. 300 highway miles and 46 city miles.
4. Nav System is far from perfect, but I do like the level of integration with other features. I wish it returned to the screen I was on before a voice command though.
5. Heated seats are even nice in Southern California. I have a little arthritis in the hips, and that little shot of heat helps during a long drive.
6. Lack of transmission shift points seems to improve performance and MPG, but the lack of audible feedback takes some getting used to. I wondered what the Tach might be used for, but am no longer wondering.
Why the FEH purchase?
1. The Mini got similar mileage, but in a much smaller form factor. Long drives really wore me out!
2. The combination of SUV carrying capacity and sub-compact mileage is very appealing.
3. Federal Tax Credit ($2600) + X Plan + 0% Financing
4. 44.5 cents p[er mile from my employer.
5. I live in Orange County, and can now predictably plan to fuel up in less expensive areas.
6. Titanium Green matches the waves on the side of my Ford Motor Home, and the FEH works nicely on my Roadmaster Car Dolly.
Thats my initial hello after owning the car for four (4) days! Great and informative site. I look forward to much collaboration here.