FEH vs. MMH

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default FEH vs. MMH

I am looking at SUVs and I was wondering, what exactly is the difference between the FEH and the MMH??? I have looked and to my amateur research, they look identical, like twins. What are the differences? Why would someone buy one over the other??? I appreciate your thoughts.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: FEH vs. MMH

They are the same except for looks.

Which one looks better to you?
-John

Old 10-24-2007, 09:39 AM
08 MMH 4WD

And a few options differ a bit.
FEH has Chrome apperance package, MMH does not.
MMH comes with keyless entry pad, FEH does not (but can be ordered as a wireless stick on add-on that some FEH owners have done here)

Can order factory running boards on FEH, not on MMH but can get from dealer & install yourself or have the dealer do it.

I think the FEH has more paint color options then the MMH.

Ford makes about 4x FEH then MMH based on the product numbers I have seen over on BlueOvalForums.com. (but has a longer lead time currently)

I think there are a few exterier differences like the rear lights, front grills, but yes, basically the same, just depends on what looks better to you as Terry said. You can add the options after the fact if you can't get them on the version you order or find on the lot if you get lucky.

One tyhing you can do is visit both web sites & "build your own" to see the minor differences. Also a visit to both dealers (or a combo dealer) to view them both close up. Even if they don't have any hybrids in stock, from the exteriors you should get a good idea on which may be more your liking.

HTH!

Old 10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Are we talking about the new, re-designed, 2008 models? Or the 2007 and older models? It isn't clear in your original post, and that makes a difference in the answer.

BTW, don't forget about that wonderfully comfy, adjustable lumbar support on the MMH !

Old 10-24-2007, 10:12 AM
MAB
Enthusiast

If you like deep blue or white, you can't get a sunroof on a FEH. You can get a sunroof with a white MMH, but you can't get a deep blue MMH. Go figure.

I've complained before about the abysmally few, depressing color combinations available and the inability to get a sunroof on two of the colors I would choose on the FEH.

I don't know about the color choices yet on the MTH, but their awful dark chocolate brown seat inserts coupled with a grey headliner make any exterior choice irrelevant.

Did Ford hire a color-blind color coordinator for the 2008's?

Old 10-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Enthusiast

I apologize, I was referring to the 2008 FEH and MMH

Old 10-24-2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by GNiel9
I apologize, I was referring to the 2008 FEH and MMH
Often, I like Mercury's looks and options better but, its seems the Ford version has a better resale value. For instance, when I was in the market for a Ford Explorer, the dealership where a friend worked sold both Ford and Mercury. They didn't have the Explorer with the right options I wanted, but they had a Mountaineer that did. My friend agreed there was a bigger demand for the Fords over the Mercury, and therefor in general got a better price.

One other thing as a result, I would look for a used Mercury to get a better price than the same year Ford model.

GaryG

Old 10-24-2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by MAB
I've complained before about the abysmally few, depressing color combinations available ...
I have complained too, and was told (here?) that the original FEH owners went to some meet with the Ford designers, and demanded Ford pick/use colors like these.

I have ordered many new vehicles in my life. The MMH is the first one where I had to settle for the color I hated least.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Feral Engineer

When I bought my 2007 FEH, the MMH only came in 4x4. I wanted FWD so that decided it.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:39 AM

From the other threads, this might be the best reason...

"The FEH is now listed at 18-20 weeks from the date of the order. The regular FE remains at 8-10 weeks and the MMH remains at 10-12 weeks.

Quick Reply: FEH vs. MMH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands