GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Ford Motor Company > Ford Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed Cars Add a Tank TSB & Recalls

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: Ford Escape Hybrid
Default How to Change Temperature to Celsius?

I don't have a feeling of Fahrenheit temperature. Sometimes, my display shows Celcius, but after re-start, sometimes it displays Fahrenheit..

How do you set the temperature display? I looked the manual and did not find anything about the temperature.

How One Should Treat Others:
"What one does not wish for oneself, one ought not to do to anyone else." Confucius, 551 - 479BC.
How One Nation Should Treat Other Nations:
"One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful." Sun Tzu, 544 496 BC.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: HCH II
Default Re: How to Change Temperature to Celsius?

My wife has the same problem with her FEH. The interior and exterior temperature displays switch to Farenheit but the info displays continue to show kilometers etc. Somehow, eventually it switches back to Celcius but we can`t figure out what`s triggering the changes.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: '08 FEH 2WD

Same problem here from time to time, instrument cluster stays on metric, but internal/external temp display goes to Fahrenheit.

If you press the instrument cluster setup a couple times to get to the metric/us setting, then reset to change to us then back to metric, it fixes the internal/external temp display.

Cheers,

Darren
Old 11-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks. My wife says that didn`t work for her but she`ll try again. She just leaves it and it eventually fixes itself, but it is annoying.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: Ford Escape Hybrid

Yes, I have the exact problem. I already set the Unit Display in Metric, but the display temperature sometimes changes into Fahrenheit. After 2 days, it would change back to Celsius, but from time to time it shift backforth.

I found it always happens when you shut off and restart the engine....

How One Should Treat Others:
"What one does not wish for oneself, one ought not to do to anyone else." Confucius, 551 - 479BC.
How One Nation Should Treat Other Nations:
"One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful." Sun Tzu, 544 496 BC.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Yep, exactly the same problem here too with a 08 FEH ... after a turning on the engine the int/ext temps are in F. I can't for the life of me figure out what's doing it but it is very annoying.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Enthusiast

Good Morning:

I have the same problem with my 08 Escape. The outside temperature changes from degrees C to F randomly. I just dropped spoke to the Ford Dealer here (Ottawa, Canada), and they say it is an internal computer glitch for which they have a firmware update to correct the problem.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: Escape

1 C =1.8 F
These scales are coincident at -40. Thus: (F+40) * (5/9) = ( C+40)

Alternatively to get close and since 18F = 10C, every 10C can be approximated by 20F. 50F is 10C (exact), 70F (really 68) is 20C, 90F (really 86) is 30C and so on.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2008 FEH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung1961 View Post
Good Morning:

I have the same problem with my 08 Escape. The outside temperature changes from degrees C to F randomly. I just dropped spoke to the Ford Dealer here (Ottawa, Canada), and they say it is an internal computer glitch for which they have a firmware update to correct the problem.

I have the same issues with my 08 FEH. Thanks for posting this.
Did the firmware upgrade fix the issue?

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid, 68k km
Old 05-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Enthusiast

Yes, I believe the firmware update fixed the problem. My wife has not complained about hers switching since the update which was over a year ago.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:44 AM

Tags
2007, celsius, celsuis, change, english, escape, fahrenheit, feh, gmc, hybrid, metric, saturn, sierra, temperature, toyota, vue