Motorcraft subscription ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Motorcraft subscription ?

Has anyone accessed a Motorcraft subscription ? -- under User Eligibility, it says US only.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...&menuIndex1=46

Workshop Manual / Service Information - Single Vehicle/Single Model Year

Each individual year/model subscription includes the following information:
  • Workshop Manual
  • Wiring Diagram Manual (also referred to as EVTMs or Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals)
  • Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Manual
  • Access to Vehicle Specific Information (available for last 10 model years)
  • Access to all TSBs('94-Present)
  • Access to Vehicle Specific Field Service Action (FSA) Information. ('88-Present) These bulletins are specific to a vehicle's VIN and are targeted for U.S. Dealers and fleets having Ford in-house warranty. Some or all of the provisions specified in these bulletins may not apply to non-U.S. markets.
Customize Your Subscription

Use the drop-down menus below to choose the vehicle, model year and subscription length you would like to subscribe to.

A short-term subscription is for 72 hours, a monthly subscription is for 31 days and a yearly subscription is for 365 days.

ESCAPE HYBRID 2008 (Short Term) Stock # FCS-2008EH-WEB-D 9.95

Old 02-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Motorcraft subscription ?

That would be a very good deal if you could download or at least cut&paste like crazy for 72 hours.

You'll not be able to read 10% of what you would like to read in 72 hours.
It may take you half that time just to figure out how to navigate around.

I say C&P now... read later! Let (us) know if you try please. $10 is a good deal... even if you lose it in 3 days. -John

Old 02-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, I plugged $10 into the meter to explore some more things on this site. I've used this service in the past but never tried to save anything before (mostly just jumped on when trying to fix a vehicle and printed out what I needed).

Some things are already in PDF's (like Technical Service Bulletins) and can just be downloaded from the site.

But the main workshop manual is not set up like that. Looks like you can do a lot of printing, or a trick that I'm able to do is use a PDF print driver (I use PrimoPDF) and just print everything to a PDF file. The downside to this is that there is a lot of cross-linked hyperlinks all throughout the manual (to diagrams or to other sections of the manual for related systems/parts) so obviously you wouldn't be able just click to access those links.

I think you could print or download some of it - just the information you use most often, but it wouldn't really be worth the time to try to download everything. Ten bucks for each 3-day period is pretty cheap access for whenever you needed it for something more complicated.

Last edited by chesterakl; 02-05-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Is it the same thing you can get in the service manuals like you can find on ebay for like $80 or so?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Alldata diy has a 24.95 a year subscription and has a wealth of info and how to.

This is the DIY non professional version of the information system I use at my shop.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/about_alldata/index.html

Last edited by Mark E Smith; 02-08-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Is it the same thing you can get in the service manuals like you can find on ebay for like $80 or so?
Yes, except for the Technical Service Bulletins. But I haven't seen any on eBay for '08's yet. I don't think those have the wiring diagrams in them either, though.

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith
Alldata diy has a 24.95 a year subscription and has a wealth of info and how to.

This is the information system I use at my shop.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/about_alldata/index.html
Definitely a better deal than Motorcraft - but they don't have them for '08 models yet. Looks like I'll have to live with Motorcraft until they do.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Usually the e-bay manuals are from dealers that have closed, thats how I got my 07 set back in august.

Yea Alldata will not have the info on the 08 till the first part of fall, they are always a year behind, but their info is scaned in from the factory manuals. But the info for the 07 for the mechanical things are the same as the 08. The differences will be in the A/C system controls and the how to remove door panels and such, the thing that are cosmeticaly different.

Last edited by Mark E Smith; 02-08-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

[quote=chesterakl;160892]Well, I plugged $10 into the meter to explore some more things on this site. I've used this service in the past but never tried to save anything before (mostly just jumped on when trying to fix a vehicle and printed out what I needed).

Some things are already in PDF's (like Technical Service Bulletins) and can just be downloaded from the site.

But the main workshop manual is not set up like that.[
quote=chesterakl;160892]

So my question for chesterakl :

Is this manual --"Wiring Diagrams - 2008 Escape Hybrid, Mariner Hybrid" available (PDF or otherwise) on the Motorcraft subscription?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=180210626828

Thanks for any further info , H

Old 02-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

I dont know if it is available in pdf, but I dont think its a very useful manual to have. Its just the drawings of the wiring. The manual you really need is the emmision/hybrid powertrain control and FEH/MMH shop manuals.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've seen the 08's come & go on eBay. here's one now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...mZ220186976302

Verified this is set 1 &2.

I missed a complete set once bt like $1 vol 1 & 2, electrical & PCM.

Last edited by 08hybridok; 02-18-2008 at 08:44 AM.