my 06 FEH 5000 service

Old 12-13-2005, 05:37 AM
Enthusiast
Default my 06 FEH 5000 service

I took my 06 FEH in for the 5000 mile service yesterday. They found the alignment was off a bit and fixed that under factory warranty. I did not know that the FEH is warrantied for alignment for 15,000 miles. Anyhow, the total cost was only $56 so I was pleased.

The interesting part of the story is what happened as I waited and waited for my car to be brought to the service area for pick up. Finally the guy showed up and it seems when he turned the key and didnt hear a motor, he thought the car hadnt started. he called the head of service who came over and explained it was a hyrbid. Now Im wondering if some of the service people at my dealership dont know this much about hybrids, what else dont they know?

Hubby is giving me a leather upgrade for christmas. You wont hear anymore *****ing from Newgreenie on this site about my poor cloth upholstery on this site.

Most recent tank 501. I dont know how I did that but it's for real.

Old 12-13-2005, 06:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: my 06 FEH 5000 service

$56 out the door? Not bad. My dealer has a much higher cover charge than that so he only sees me when I need something. Especially when the first scheduled maintenance according to the book is at 10K. Oil changes and tire rotations I do myself. Funny though, the dealer keeps sending me postcards telling me my Escapes are overdue for their 3000 mile service and suggesting I need to bring it in to protect my warranty. Crooks.

Nice deal about the alignment. My dealer did tell me with my '04 that Ford allows one alignment in the first year under warranty.

Regarding the engine not starting when the tech turned the key...was it already in EV mode when you parked it? Otherwise, the ICE always comes on when the ignition is first turned on. I'm with you though, the techs aren't as up to speed on the Hybrids as I would like to see (not to mention sales people). I'd hate to have a problem the week the "Hybrid Guy" is on vacation.

501 on a tank? Congrats. I am jealous of the warmer weather you have there. My mileage is dropping like a rock with this waaaay sub freezing weather.

I took my 06 FEH in for the 5000 mile service yesterday. They found the alignment was off a bit and fixed that under factory warranty. I did not know that the FEH is warrantied for alignment for 15,000 miles. Anyhow, the total cost was only $56 so I was pleased.

The interesting part of the story is what happened as I waited and waited for my car to be brought to the service area for pick up. Finally the guy showed up and it seems when he turned the key and didnt hear a motor, he thought the car hadnt started. he called the head of service who came over and explained it was a hyrbid. Now Im wondering if some of the service people at my dealership dont know this much about hybrids, what else dont they know?

Hubby is giving me a leather upgrade for christmas. You wont hear anymore *****ing from Newgreenie on this site about my poor cloth upholstery on this site.

Most recent tank 501. I dont know how I did that but it's for real.